CoinPeople.com

www.coinsgb.com

Hussulo

www.coinsgb.com

Its finally here it has taken me over a year to build (so far), with a lot of help and a lot of sweet and tears. I know it’s still not perfect and it needs a little fine tuning etc but I have uploaded it to the net for your viewing pleasure.

I would like to say big thank you to everyone that has been kind enough to have helped me and who continue to help. I would also like to ask if anyone has any pictures of coins missing from the site and that would be kind enough to send me them to be uploaded to the site for which I would be most grateful. I would be happy to add your name below them and an address to a coin related website if you have own one. You can contact me at sulo@coinsgb.com

P.S. the forum should be up and running in a week or so and I would be extremely great full if you would do me the honor of joining it.

Many thanks,

Hus

Hello and welcome to coinsgb.com.

With over 250 colour pictures and over 200 pages of

information.

This website is designed to be a reference and help British

coin collectors in identifying various coins minted from the

milled coins of Cromwell to George VI.

Sounds like a useful site - I will bookmark it..

George I was born on 28th of March 1660 in Hanover, Germany.

He became King in 1714 succeeding queen Anne. There were a lot of possible heirs

to the throne but George's claim was to be the strongest as he was the closest male

at the time.

George I never did learn English in fact he spent half of his reign in Hanover.

Ah, the German George! Those were strange times indeed!

He married his first cousin Princess Sophia in 1682. It was an arranged marriage and

they did not love each other. Never the less they had a son George and a daughter

Sophia together. George had two mistresses and Sophia had a romantic liaison with

a Swedish Count, who was later murdered. George's marriage to Sophia was later

dissolved and she was put under a type of house arrest where she was only allowed

to travel under supervision.

George I was faced with two Jacobite rebellions, one in 1715 and the other in 1719,

but both were easily quashed.

George died from a stroke on 11 June 1727 and was buried in Hanover. He was

succeeded by his son George II whom in actual fact hated his dad.

Hehe... I would have loved to have been around in those times - what a strange goings-on!

Quite an amusingly written piece actually..

Archived