CoinPeople.com

1960 d a second Lincoln cent

Hi Corky,

Looks like you could be right, but the angle of the coin and the smaller size of the image tell me it could be 1960D-1MM-003 or 1960D-1MM-005. I'd have to see a larger picture of the date and mintmark area alone to tell for sure.

Hi Corky,

Looks like you could be right, but the angle of the coin and the smaller size of the image tell me it could be 1960D-1MM-003 or 1960D-1MM-005. I'd have to see a larger picture of the date and mintmark area alone to tell for sure.

I have two of these from the same roll of coins, but the other one is not as dramatic as this.

I will see what I can do with the camera and photoshop soon as I wake up this morning.

Thanks Mr. D.

Corky

Thanks Mr. D.,

Is this large enough and clear enough?

If not perhaps I can try a different way to photograph it.

Corky

After seeing this on the preview post I doubt if it will do, so will get back to the camera and try a different shot if you need me to do so.

Hi Matt...nice to be here. Didn't know this palce existed until yesterday.

Corky - Sorry, would have to be at least three times that size for accurate identification. Some of these things are quite close to one another in appearance, and their differences are subtle. Figuring out which one you have often takes a bit of patience, a lot of looking, and a little luck. Identifying the RPM you have should be rather easy if you have a loupe and can compare photos to your coin. Just go to my site, www.coppercoins.com, and use the "die search" feature at the top of the left menu. Enter 1960 in the date area, check the Denver mint box, then the mintmark variety box, then submit. You'll get a whole list of the 1960D repunched mintmarks - I think 157 in all so far. Each one has marker photos to use in comparison with your coin if you click on the little "EDS, MDS' LDS" links below the pricing.

I think that's going to be the answer. Instead of trying to bring your images here for identification, just use the guide I published on the web and a loupe. It should be rather easy to tell which one you have after a little looking around.

Thanks Chuck.

Guess I can't get the picture much bigger without losing clarity.

Will check your site (used your book to try my first guess) and see what pops out at me.

I have 5, 7, 10 and 15x magnifiers, but no camera capable of photographing what they can see.

Best,

Corky

Archived