CoinPeople.com

PHILIPPE II D'ESPAGNE ECU 1555-1598?

Anyone knows this?

I´m not shore if it´s a ECU Philippe II of Spain cause of the weight info I got this should be about 28-29 gram but I´w found a very similar coin ECU coin @ http://cgb.fr/monnaies/vso/v09/gb/monnaiesgb3d12.html weight is Actual weight : 3,07 g.

Legal weight : 3,42 g. for it.

If you know more I´m happy for any info!

53087405_1.jpg

53087405_2.jpg

Anyone knows this?

I´m not shore if it´s a ECU Philippe II of Spain cause of the weight info I got this should be about 28-29 gram but I´w found a very similar coin ECU coin @ http://cgb.fr/monnaies/vso/v09/gb/monnaiesgb3d12.html weight is Actual weight : 3,07 g.

Legal weight : 3,42 g. for it.

If you know more I´m happy for any info!

If you can tell me the weight of the actual coin I can tell you the denomination. It is either a 1/4, 1/2 or ecu de Bourgogne, also known as a Burgundian rijksdaalder. This one was struck at the Utrecht mint in what appears to be 1568.

It does have certain characteristics that make it appear that it might be a cast counterfeit as noted by gx.

Thanks for your replys!

Sorry cant give exakt weight. I dont have the coin as it´s for sale on a auction but seller sais it´s between 28-29 gram!

If you can tell me the weight of the actual coin I can tell you the denomination. It is either a 1/4, 1/2 or ecu de Bourgogne, also known as a Burgundian rijksdaalder. This one was struck at the Utrecht mint in what appears to be 1568.

It does have certain characteristics that make it appear that it might be a cast counterfeit as noted by gx.