CoinPeople.com

Now here's some interesting reading.

Dockwalliper

Yet again i fail to be impressed. There is a real lack of imagination or anything new here. Same old designs been regurgitated again and again. That's in reference to the gold fluffalo... well they do look fluffy. :ninja:

With regards to the Linc cent 2009, i'm even more unimpressed. What i hope they would do for that would be to issue it with the original wheat reverse in the original alloy to mark it's 100th, then ceased producing the denomination altogether. Or come up with something totally different.

But yet again we've got to have about four different types. This is on top of the god knows how many nickels they've just released and all those State Quarters.

Can't they just go totally miles off the wall pick a completely new design for every denomination going that's never been done before ever and then stick with the new designs for say 20 years without a change. I dunno what's worse having a batch of designs that last 50 years unchanged or ones that seem to change every six months and all look like cliparts...

With coins you have to have enough change to keep it diverse design wise but not too much to lose all sense of stability. I figure a design change every 15-20 years is healthy, perhaps every 10 years if they can come up with good enough designs to warrant it. Changes more often than 10 years seems to be just changing for the sake of it, usually to cash in.

"With regards to the Linc cent 2009, i'm even more unimpressed. What i hope they would do for that would be to issue it with the original wheat reverse in the original alloy to mark it's 100th..."

And with a V.D.B. at the bottom!!!

Guest Stujoe
"With regards to the Linc cent 2009, i'm even more unimpressed. What i hope they would do for that would be to issue it with the original wheat reverse in the original alloy to mark it's 100th..."

And with a V.D.B. at the bottom!!!

:ninja:

And I will vote for too much change in my change as opposed to change that had not changed in my lifetime. I agree that there has to be a happy medium that we are missing but I prefer this end of the extreme as opposed to the other.

:ninja:

And I will vote for too much change in my change as opposed to change that had not changed in my lifetime. I agree that there has to be a happy medium that we are missing but I prefer this end of the extreme as opposed to the other.

Have you been hanging out with Yogi Berra, Stu???

Yeah, I'd agree too much change is better than no change, though neither is really preferable.

I'd rather have no change than too much. I don't like change very much, gradual i can cope with, too fast and i feel i can't keep up.

Immobilised coinage is sometimes nice.