CoinPeople.com

Fals? Islamic inscription? Persian? ideas?

CoinDigger

persian wedding tokens ....i can see a mirror an candels which is only found on persian wedding tokens....cant read it 2 small an persian :ninja: but my dad or mum can ill ask em if they know what it means when they are at home ;) cause now they are both at work ;)

• 3 months later...

Here in the middle east one can find themin the suk or shook along with various carved stones fake egyptian paparys scrolls...

I always thought they were left over turkish coins here the bride wears the more expensive gold ones as part of the grooms payment/dowery here among the Muslim populace the custom is the groom gives the dowery according to some one I work with, Nessam says that this is to make sure the groom doesn't trade her in when she isn't pleasing anymore... mostly tourist by the stuff thinking there getting a priceless rare or old coin souvinire. some even look silvery though anyone who knows metals knows the diffrence.

These are interesting in that the arrangement of flours, candle and mirror look a lot like the old Zoroastrian depictions around the altar. I guess other religions absorb their precursors popular traditions as as well.

Archived