CoinPeople.com

whats your goals in collecting??

dustin43160

Lets see my current goals are

Finish my year set 1873 with Arrows and with out Arrow nothing lower than XF

Finish my other year set 1898 in MS-63 to MS-65

Finish my Ind Head cent no lower than AU might have to go lower to VF for the 1877

Finish my Liberty Head Nickel set 1883 to 1912 XF to MS-65 may have to go to Fine+ on the 1885, 1886 and 1912s

Lincoln cent set 1909 to 2007 AU to MS-65 with Proofs and D/Dies

Complete my type set 1793 to 2007

And just about anything else that I see that I like.

Finish my Liberty Head Nickel set 1883 to 1912 XF to MS-65 may have to go to Fine+ on the 1885, 1886 and 1912s

All of the V nicks I see out there are either lower than XF or in the mid MS or higher range. I'm trying to stick to XF-AU/low MS to have a good looking but cheap set (i tend to spend more than i should, why not just settle for a lower grade set once).

How easy was it for you to find those coins in the XF/AU range?

My collecting goals are as follows, I want to complete the sets that I'm working on now. Once I finish my Indian head cents, "V" Nickels, Buffalo Nickels, Barber Dimes, Barber Quarters, Standing Liberty Quarters, Walking Liberty Halves and get most of the Morgans I want to start a collection of Seated Liberty Half Dimes, which should be by next summer sometime. After that I'm going after the King of Siam proof set.

And just how do you decide which to fill? :ninja:

Right now it is Lincoln cents and slowly graduating to nickels, dimes and quarters. Maybe someday get involved with earlier US coinage.

Most of all I like the search... sort of like finding a very distant ancestor or relative when I am doing genealogy... or finding the best specimen you have ever seen when I go out rock hunting.

Conversing with others like you about the coins and banknotes and the world from which they evolved helps me to learn more about world history... including ours.

Corky

• 1 month later...

Archived