CoinPeople.com

modern BRM products

After a lull in activity for my Yugoslavia collection, I have shifted focus to working on my British decimal collection, and have begun to purchase some very nice BRM products. The first 3 scans are £1 BU coins in informative folders. I have only scanned the covers, as these folders are actually about 5 pages of information, and too much time to scan all the pages. The last scan in this post is for the pair of 1989 £2 (Bill of Rights, Claim of Right).

gallery_43_47_70056.jpggallery_43_47_48251.jpg

gallery_43_47_119796.jpggallery_43_47_11241.jpg

Red X's for me too!

I do have a very nice 1996 £1 coin in a First Day Cover.

And i think i had a 1997? £5 coin somewhere, the one with Philip and the Queen on. That's also in a First Day cover but not undamaged, it got like that when trying to get into the envelope that the FDC was in... god knows how they packaged that one.

But for what it's worth the coin will sell for as much in it or out of it.

Todays' scan is of the 1986 £2 folder. This is the first £2 coin issued, and was to commemorate the Commonwealth Games.

gallery_43_47_21938.jpg

note: the runner on the left (139), is Roger Bannister, who is also commemorated on the 2004 50 pence coin, which honors his feat of breaking the 4 minute mile in the 1954 Olympics.

Did not know the Royal mint issued first day covers. Learn something new every day

Yes, they do. And for me, this added knowledge is going to get expensive!!

I just won (on Yahoo! auctions) a cover with the 1968 5 new pence piece in it (PM'ed for the first day of release of the 5 n.p.) Hopefully, once it arrives I will get a decent scan of it. Also been seeing some of the recent commem £5 in covers, which I am resisting, so far!

Did not know the Royal mint issued first day covers. Learn something new every day

Here is a nice example of one. I have this on my watchlist, and if there is enough left of my weekly coin allowance, I will probably get it later this week. I have been having trouble finding this particular coin in the normal Royal Mint specimen folder.

£2 1995 UN commemorative

Actually, I believe they are referred to as PNC (postal numismatic covers), rather than FDC.