CoinPeople.com

YeOldeCollector's Olde Purchases

YeOldeCollector

WOW! RD wrote a sentence with complete words! ;) Not "Clive, 1 qstn, whhn did all the facing right or left on coin portraits start. bcuz..."

:ninja:

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WOW! RD wrote a sentence with complete words! :ninja: Not "Clive, 1 qstn, whhn did all the facing right or left on coin portraits start. bcuz..."

wow are all your jokes this dull?..... expected it from a 12 year old but not a 22 year old.

anyway back to the topic

thanks for the reply Clive

or shall i say it according to what deadpoint expects me to say it "tnx fr rply Clive"

thanks for the reply Clive

or shall i say it according to what deadpoint expects me to say it "tnx fr rply Clive"

Not a problem RD! :ninja:

fordred1.jpg

fordred2.jpg

A pretty much as-struck Styca of Northumbria, very scarce to get in this condition! King Eanred of Nortumbria, moneyer is Fordred. Spink 860, circa 820 A.D.

VERY hard to take pics!! So here's some more!

47bb_1.JPG

497a_1.JPG

Cheers,

Clive.

Curiously the moneyer got his own name right, what with the R's, but not with Eanred's name, where the R's are retrograded:) That is a nice piece, as you know, these coins are not uncommon, in harsher preservation, but nice specimens are quite scarce and desirous.

Cheers Dave, these coins are exceptionally hard to find in such good condition, so I'm happy!

I received this today, good example of a Commonwealth Halfgroat.

commmmy4.jpg

commmmy5.jpg

Circa 1650, Cromwell's reign, full flan and good condition.

Received these little beauties today!

londoniensis1.jpg

aik7(2).jpg

Edward I Farthing, Class 3de, easily meets VF+, Spink 1445A. Superb portrait, main reason as to why I purchased it! Circa 1285.

kemp.jpg

Henry VI, Rosette-Mascle Issue, Archbishop Kemp of York Penny, with crosses by hair, a bit ragged but a clear portrait. Circa 1430.

Cheers,

Clive.

kempy1.jpg

kempy2.jpg

A strong VF+ example of the previous "Henry VI, Rosette-Mascle Issue, Archbishop Kemp of York Penny, with crosses by hair, a bit ragged but a clear portrait."

, Spink Ref: 1866. Circa 1430.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

subissue1.jpg

subissue2.jpg

A rare Henry VI Halfgroat of Calais Mint, mule sub-issue "Annulet-trefoil sub-issue." Spink 1854, strong VF+ again with lovely portrait. Circa 1429.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PMGroat1.jpg

PMGroat2.jpg

Henry VI, Pinecone-mascle issue, Calais Groat, superb example, aEF, Spink 1875. Circa 1432.

Cheers,

Clive.

P.S.

Also this, not sure if it counts but it's a new addition to the garden!!

frog%20and%20snail.jpg

:ninja:

ulf1.jpg

ulf2.jpg

My newest penny, Edward the Confessor Hammer Cross Type, Ulfcetel on York. Circa 1050.

Cheers,

Clive.

farthinglondon1.jpg

farthinglondon2.jpg

Edward I Farthing, as-struck and off-struck! Two birds with one stone for me!

richy11a.jpg

richy11b.jpg

Richard II Halfpenny, London Mint, not the most common of coins.

misc1.jpg

misc2.jpg

Edward IV Penny, York mint but dies made at London. Long cross fitchee as mint mark.

Cheers,

Clive.

First up, a really nice Henry VIII Facing Bust Penny, quite scarce and of York Mint. 'tis of the 3rd Coinage, Spink Ref. 2384 or 2424.

henry%20york1.jpg

henry%20york2.jpg

Also, an 1854 American Gold Dollar, a tiny coin!! OK, so it's not a new purchase as Matt sent it to me from http://www.ldrcoins.com/ but still, it is nice... :ninja:

Thank you ever so much Matt!!!!

dollar1.jpg

dollar2.jpg

Cheers,

Clive.

First up, a styca, one of the greenest I've seen in a while. The square flan and absolute gobbledygook gives this away as being a contemporary copy, but it's a copy of a copy of a copy! Circa 850.

garbled1.jpg

garbled2.jpg

Secondly, a Venetian Soldino. I've identified dozens of these for people but have never seen one in person, now I own a VF example. This particular example is of the Doge Michele Steno, 1400-1413. Not bad for 99 pence...

ven1.jpg

ven2.jpg

Last, but not least, an Elizabeth I Penny of the 5th Issue with the Greek Cross mint mark, a very good portrait for the issue.

LizPenny1.jpg

LizPenny2.jpg

Cheers,

Clive.

[quote name='YeOldeCollector' date='May 22 2008, 09:39 AM' post='386750'

Cheers,

Clive.

Off the topic. Need help to find out the grading of this coin and its value. thanks

SORRY! somehow I mess up the pages..!!

SORRY! somehow I mess up the pages..!!

Not a problem, just post a pic of the reverse and I'll do my best! :ninja:

OK, so an inch is the diameter of a Two Pound coin, i.e. 2.7 cm.

The date is 1893, so that makes it of Vickie's Old Head Coinage. I would grade this at a strong VF so you're looking at about £400GBP/$800USD or $785CAD.

The photos are slightly fuzzy, the coin could be an EF or even aUNC but I cannot tell and so would play safe with a strong VF.

Please do not hesitate to email me at Clive@HistoricCoinage.com if you have any further queries, I hope that I have been of assistance.

Cheers,

Clive.

OK, so an inch is the diameter of a Two Pound coin, i.e. 2.7 cm.

The date is 1893, so that makes it of Vickie's Old Head Coinage. I would grade this at a strong VF so you're looking at about £400GBP/$800USD or $785CAD.

The photos are slightly fuzzy, the coin could be an EF or even aUNC but I cannot tell and so would play safe with a strong VF.

Please do not hesitate to email me at Clive@HistoricCoinage if you have any further queries, I hope that I have been of assistance.

Cheers,

Clive.

ONE LAST ONE, PLEASE..

CCI00106_edited.jpg

CCI00107_edited.jpg