CoinPeople.com

YeOldeCollector's Olde Purchases

YeOldeCollector

Hey guys,

Thought that I'd show you a few of my latest purchases!

1915 Halfcrown of George V with a very attractive rainbow toning.

67211590_o.jpg

67211594_o.jpg

1935 Jubilee Crown 'Art Deco Rocking Horse'

67211597_o.jpg

James I Coin Weight

67211600_o.jpg

Superbly toned 1930 British Trade Dollar

67211607_o.jpg

67211633_o.jpg

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really have to get one of those Trade Dollars. I just think they are the nicest design. I'm going to add it to my "goals" list for the remainder of 2007 and 2008. Maybe a nice Christmas present for myself.

They are beautiful coins that are readily available at a reasonable price. This one only set me back about $20/£10.

Do you buy yourself X-Mas presents every year? ... :ninja:

They are beautiful coins that are readily available at a reasonable price. This one only set me back about $20/£10.

Do you buy yourself X-Mas presents every year? ... :ninja:

I usually do. My wife won't buy me anything to do with coins or any other current hobby/pastime. She's always afraid she'll get it wrong. This has been this way since we were first dating. On the other hand, I just forge right ahead and if she doesn't like/want what I get her, we return it and make a shopping/luncheon date out of it.

Quite a good idea actually. No one in my family will buy me coins either, as you say, they are afraid they will get it wrong etc... The only coins they do get me sometimes are commemorative issues or proof sets, letting them roam the hammered coin market wouldn't be a good idea! :ninja:

Thanks Demetrios. It has to be picked out in a certain light but I fell in love with it on eBay!

All the best,

Clive.

• 2 weeks later...

Good news guys!

New hammereds are winging their way to me! More info and photos will be added when I receive them

William The Conqueror - Cut Halfpenny. Very Rarely up for sale. Circa 1075 A.D.

Willy_1.JPG

Aethelred II Styca of Northumbria. Scarce Most likely moneyer Eanwulf... Circa. 850 A.D.

Aethelred.JPG

Henry III Penny, Ricard on Lincoln One of the scarcer mints. Circa 1260 A.D.

b751_1.JPG

All the best,

Clive.

Amazing, something nearly a thousand years old can be pinpointed within a few years of mintage, where and who hammered it.

Two more hammereds on their way to me:

Henry I - Cut Half. Quadrilateral-on-cross-fleury Type. Spink Ref# 1276

Reads RO]DBERT O[N CANP. Robert at Canterbury.

Quite rare to turn up in any condition, my only other Henry I is an unrecorded combination of mint, type and moneyer.

432.JPG

Then a Henry III Penny, Jacob of Norwich. A mint to push me closer to completion of my mint run.

Spink Ref# 1361

Not very good photos, will improve when coin arrives.

12.jpg

11.jpg

That's all for today!

All the best,

Clive.

May I ask what YOC is?

I do go metal detecting but never find anything like these coins, just musket balls, bullets and modern coinage that is worthless.

Nice newbies for your collection. Love the histories behind the British hammered. Sometime I want to go through my English stuff that I have not looked at and done anything with in years. I collected them pretty avidly until years ago, then got into the Scottish. I sold some, but still kept a few pennies from Henry III, and Edward I, II, and III because of the more interesting mints I had accumulated.