CoinPeople.com

NYC/NJ COIN DEALER -RUSSIAN

jroc

Looking to sell a few pieces that were originally picked up by a relative. Several older silver rubles (1723, 1762, 1766) and two gold coins (10R 1766, 5R 1831). None of these piece were slabbed, but I want someone to evaluate if the coins are worth sending to be PCGS or NGC. Can anyone recommend a dealer in the NYC area. Thanks,

Looking to sell a few pieces that were originally picked up by a relative. Several older silver rubles (1723, 1762, 1766) and two gold coins (10R 1766, 5R 1831). None of these piece were slabbed, but I want someone to evaluate if the coins are worth sending to be PCGS or NGC. Can anyone recommend a dealer in the NYC area. Thanks,

I can assist if you still need help. You can either write to my personal mail box or to your_past_2000@yahoo.com

Best regards,

Some of those coins may be very expensive and many people would be interested to get a hold on them. Be careful and do not rush to accept any offers as you may get just a fraction of real value of the coins. The best advise will be to make quality pictures of coins and post them on this forum, then you will get an advise if there is a need to slab them and basic idea on the coins' value. Then you can sell your coins or consign them to a major auction but you will have an idea what they really worth.

WCO

Hi and welcome to coinpeople.

If you can post pictures, please kindly do! We do have RW Julian, who is the author of Imperial Russian coins and is the expert when it comes down to counterfeit coins.

I appreciate the comment but there are several regular posters here who have expertise in

various areas. I know some series reasonably well and I suspect that gxseries, for example,

does also.

RWJ

• 2 months later...
Welcome aboard!

Why don't you post some pics here and the experts will chime in!

You'll get a good barometer on where you stand with them.

Thanks....after a fairly long delay, I posted part of my collection on OmniCoin. The Russian silver pieces were the coins I was taking about originally...JRoc

Thanks....after a fairly long delay, I posted part of my collection on OmniCoin. The Russian silver pieces were the coins I was taking about originally...JRoc

JRoc, the 1762 (Peter III) and 1766 (Catherine II) pieces look like modern fakes to me.

Steve

Link: http://www.omnicoin.com/user_view.aspx?id=jroc

JRoc, the 1762 (Peter III) and 1766 (Catherine II) pieces look like modern fakes to me.

Steve

Link: http://www.omnicoin.com/user_view.aspx?id=jroc

That's bad news, but I would rather know that ahead of time. What if any are the distingushing features that would point you in that direction. Size and weight probably don't mean much....Thanks again for the heads up...John

That's bad news, but I would rather know that ahead of time. What if any are the distingushing features that would point you in that direction. Size and weight probably don't mean much....Thanks again for the heads up...John

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news John. There are many pointers, including the portraits and eagles (stylistically incorrect), and the lettering (just not right). Other members might be able to give you opinions about some of the other pieces you've shown (the gold for example).

Kind regards

Steve

Hi John,

All 3 roubles (1723, 1762, 1766) not original. For gold coins please add better images with details.

1. I can recommend buying the books, before you spend money for the coins.

2. Buying from the dialers with reputation.

3. Size and weight, compare the picture...

Or you can spend $20.00 for each coin and send to NGC, but for first 3 roubles it is worse sending and spending the money, I’m sorry.

RARENUM.

Thanks all for your views. The news is bad, but I would rather dispose of them as copies then to deal with fraud which seems to be common on eBay....

This is a great forum, mainly because of the people involved. I truely appreciate all the help....

"In these matters the only certainty is that nothing is certain"

Archived