CoinPeople.com

Banknotes need indentifing help

DreamFLight911

Recently I recieved a shipment of banknotes and 2 are an unknown origin.

top note is 2004 and the language looks like armenian but im not sure

denomination is 2 coat of arms is an eagle with the head facing left front has a church and a bishop back has a cross jesus and john the bapitist

bottom note has both cyrlic and greek like caracters and of unknown origin

denomination is 20 front has a queen with cyrlic text and greek text back has a church with cyrlic and greek text

i also tried to scan the banknotes to here but the file limitation is to low

These are examples of the Nagorno-Karabakh banknotes I think you are talking about:

6cf9v6h.jpg

They are interesting notes. I have heard, but am not certain to the truth, that these notes do not circulate there. I think someone here said that these were sold as a fundraiser for the fledgling government rather than for the government to issue to their citizens.

found em! :ninja:

your first note is definitely the nagorno karabakhian 2 dram note. those are novelty notes ordered by and delivered to the educational coin company in new york, marketed almost exclusively on e-bay. they've been ordered to stop selling them, so you won't find them on their website anymore.

http://www.eurasianet.org/departments/busi...eav090704.shtml

i think the second note you're talking about belongs to bulgaria.

bul100_f.JPG

bul100_b.JPG

it's listed as bulgaria p-100, 20 leva, 1994. the front portrait is of dutchess sevastokrat oritza desislava, the reverse features the boyana church, and catalog value is listed at $0.25 in uncirculated condition.

Archived