CoinPeople.com

$100.00??

dustin43160

Sometimes I do like to buy alot os coins for $100 instead of 1. But I do spend $100 for one coin sometimes. I just purchased $400 dollars in coins. I got about 16 coins. Some were $75( 1827 bust half) $45 for a 1837 bust half. I got a 1853 half and a 1853 quarter with the rays. I got some bust dimes and half dimes. Seated half $ and seated dimes and half dimes. I thgink I came out very good. I didnt have a Bust half dollar or a Seated half dollar.

im here to ask you guys/women here at cp what coin or banknote they would buy for $100.00 if possible include pics!! and what coin would you buy for $100.00 for nvestment?

For myself, I'd buy a better date Barber Quarter or half in VF, investment the same or the best looking twenty cent piece I could find.

I agree with Dan and DPrice above. I'm tempted to do the same too.

Anywho, so what's your big decision?

im still thinking lol its just in my back pocket bugging me lol

I would buy any nice key date or semi key date coin. A nice key/semi key standing liberty quarter, lincoln cent, or indian head cent would go well. How about a rather nice 1908-S indian? :ninja:

• 3 weeks later...

still waiting... tisk tisk, dustin.

I see a lot of great silver commems on Heritage right now in an auction ending Sunday night. Great looking UNC coins with 50,000 or lower mintages going for about $100. Check that out.

;) i totally forgot!! eh talking on the phone with my gf we were discussing christmas presents and i asked what she wanted and she was stubborn about it so i put the money in the bank and add more to it for christmas so no coins for me :ninja:

• 2 weeks later...
im here to ask you guys/women here at cp what coin or banknote they would buy for $100.00 if possible include pics!! and what coin would you buy for $100.00 for nvestment?

I noticed you said investment. So obviously you are not concerned for a coin or coins that would be for collecting purposes. There are collectors for collecting, collecting and investing, investing only. This does make a difference in what you purchase naturally. For the investment purpose, a rare coin is as risky as the stock market. It could go up, down or stay the same. For the most part as far as I can remember, coin prices have never gone down though. For your $100 dollar chance I would think your best bet is a savings account in a bank. If it has to be a coin, concentrate on Lincoln Cent types. They have throught the time I know of as always being a collectable item. Note every kid has to save pennies. Many, many adults also collect pennies. There are numerous individuals hoarding them for the soon to be melted for Copper prices. You really can't go wrong on any of them for an investment.

Archived