CoinPeople.com

Clashed..??

To me it looks like it would have to be some thing else other then a nose. Wouldn't the neck turn up on that side of the die? (Unless it some how was a rotated and clashed die. )

Don't make fun of my drawing there. But looking at the lines there and above the sitted Lincloln would this fit?

clashrevise.jpg

To me it looks like it would have to be some thing else other then a nose. Wouldn't the neck turn up on that side of the die? (Unless it some how was a rotated and clashed die. )

Don't make fun of my drawing there. But looking at the lines there and above the sitted Lincloln would this fit?

clashrevise.jpg

Hum.. :ninja:

Na just kidding.! ;) I see your point, very nice illustration.! However, the heads not large enough is it.?

Hey Dutchman, would this command any premium since its so slight? Also, the front of the coin is as nice as the reverse so would this should grade atleast AU.??

Thanks for the help guys & gals..

C.P

is the obverse clashed as well??? and pillars behind his head??

I misplaced the coin.! (probably rolled it already) I will find it & take another look.

In the pic above, (didn't see it with the loop) it looks like possible clashing on both sides of E- Pluribus..

Maybe just somthing I visualized by Marks drawing.?? But Im going to find the coin & look it over again..

Mark, I believe you nailed the clashing & didn't even have to bring out your personal arsonal of water markers & crayons.! :ninja:

C.P

depending on when they change dies and such... usually you can see clashes on both sides.... the best place to look on them is behind the bust's neck.... sometimes in very hard die clashes you can see the pillars.

The clashing on the obverse is visable, but so slight that only a few poles can be made out. I tried to get a pic, but it wouldn't show up.. I may try a embossed pic after while & see what it looks like.. Check out the pic below.! I believe this to be a 72 DDO, the embossed pic shows the doubling much better..

Thanks for the help..

C.P

Picture017sam.jpg

"I misplaced the coin.! (probably rolled it already) I will find it & take another look."

I would have laughed about this but I recently posted a pic ect. with a 1998 Wide AM. Wouldnt you know it I put it in a giant "bottle" that I put pennies in that I dont want. Took about 2 hrs to go thru every one finding all the 98s and NOT finding it! THEN I thought to look in another spot, a small drawer that I keep other pennies in. And there it was. :ninja:

"I misplaced the coin.! (probably rolled it already) I will find it & take another look."

I would have laughed about this but I recently posted a pic ect. with a 1998 Wide AM. Wouldnt you know it I put it in a giant "bottle" that I put pennies in that I dont want. Took about 2 hrs to go thru every one finding all the 98s and NOT finding it! THEN I thought to look in another spot, a small drawer that I keep other pennies in. And there it was. :ninja:

It doesn't take long to accumulate enough circulated change to easily mis-place a coin! I had to come up with a method of keeping track my error coins.

Anyhow, glad you found the 98 Wide AM.! You wouldn't want to loose that one... I been hunting for the '99 AM to complete my set, but still no luck... I just bought another $20.00 worth of lincolns, so just maybe I'll find it in this batch.. ;)

Later,C.P

Archived