CoinPeople.com

George and the Darkside Lots

Graikos

Hello again.

Well, I encountered three nice ladies in my bundesbank bag yesterday. Two beautiful French girls and an exotic Portuguese. ;)

Lets start with the one from the Iberian peninsula.

929958.jpg

Now a rather melancholic lady (at least I think it is one :ninja: ) from 1948. She does carry those years well tho.

929959.jpg

And a rather more upbeat cutie. Why she brought a rooster along... beats me!

929960.jpg

There are a lot of French coins in here. Anyway. That was it. The handful was small last night.

Thank you for watching.

Demetrios

Today I got a wonderful present. This coin:

930190.jpg

A professor that also collect had actually ordered an Edward Rupee, but got this instead after two months. He was fed up with the whole deal and because he had this coin already he just gave it to me! Yay! :ninja:

From my Bundesbank lot I chose these coins today.

First, a coin from the Vichy French State. Interesting how the beautiful women and jugendstil motives of earlier French coins get replaced by a double ax.

930192.jpg

Then a 5 Mark coin from Eastern Germany.

930195.jpg

And finally 5 Pfennig from Eastern Germany

930197.jpg

Thank you, Art. Of course I only agreed taking the Rupee knowing that he had only paid about 1 euro for the coin. This guy is amazing. He got the 8 Anna coin from George's time for 2 euros plus shipping. Never seen it under 20 in the last 4 months... if at all. I'd like to have that luck.

Hello.

Today was a non Bundesbank lot day. I received an Italian coin I got for very little money some days ago. The condition is quite nice and alone the portrait is beautiful. Sadly, someone scratched a bit around the 5... Still quite nice.

930231.jpg

I also got 3 Kronen from Sweden today from a friend that went there last week. All three are a pain to scan and to be honest... horribly ugly coins. Maybe except the one from 2003. Nevertheless... here they are.

930232.jpg

930235.jpg

930237.jpg

That's it for today.

Demetrios

The day before yesterday I got this lot. These are UNC (or aUNC) coins from the Central African States from 2003. The cost was around 3 euro for the entire thing, which I am very happy about. Anyway... I am really happy with these so I had to show them around. :ninja:

930363.jpg

930364.jpg

930365.jpg

930366.jpg

930367.jpg

930368.jpg

By the way... Central African States is missing as an entry from Omnicoin, so I posted them under the Republic.

• 1 month later...

I am back! ;) And so glad this is the case. Two days ago I gave my dissertation to my professor and besides some schmall changes... my work is done! :ninja:

So... to "celebrate" I wanted to show some coins I got months ago, but no time to scan them or take a photo of. Again nothing special, but in a nice condition.

931799.jpg

931800.jpg

I am glad to "see" you all... and to finally be able to buy some coins again!

Great looking coins and it was good to see a couple of French coins that I am missing from my French circulated collection LOL at least now I know that they are actualy out there :ninja:

I am back! ;) And so glad this is the case. Two days ago I gave my dissertation to my professor and besides some schmall changes... my work is done! ;)

Good to have you back - and most importantly, congratulations! :ninja:

Christian

Welcome back Demetrios! Long time no see!

Congrats and I hope you received my previous email! :ninja:

It's good to have you back again!

Welcome back Demetrios! Long time no see!

Congrats and I hope you received my previous email! :ninja:

It's good to have you back again!

As your inbox will have told you by now... yes, I did. ;) Thank you, Clive. Good to be back.

@Orc

Sadly, those two coins were included in the lot only once. ;) If I run into one of them again, I'll let you know.

• 1 month later...

And I thought I'll be having more time! HA! I hate work! :ninja:

Anyway... here I am again after a month long absence. And what can say "nice to see you again" better than the 1, 2 and 5 Afghani coins of Afghanistan from 2004. I am really happy to have those as these will always be connected to history taking place in our lifetime (whether good or bad, that is a matter of opinion).

Here we go:

935390.jpg

935391.jpg

935392.jpg

Hello to you all! ;)

Demetrios

Archived