CoinPeople.com

Badly worn coin with Eagle coat of arms?

Graikos

I found a badly worn coin in a small lot a few days ago. I tried finding out what it is, but was unsuccesful. Could someone point me in the right direction or tell me what this is?

Unknown-1.jpg

The coin weighs 2,33g and has a diameter of 18 mm.

Thank you for your time. :ninja:

What Krause would that be? the 1900 - 200x? Or the 1800 to 1900? Does the diameter fit?

That badly treated bird :ninja: looks like the "small eagle" that was used on the early German Empire (c. 1875-90) coins. What about this piece: 5 Pfennig, Cu-Ni, weight 2.5 g, Ø 18 mm ...

Christian

Could be tabbs. :ninja: I really can't "feel" the exact metal, so CuNi could be possible. The diameter is dead on, which has to be my first check I guess. ;)

Unfortunately, as already mentioned, I only have one Krause, so I can't check the 50 Pfennig coin.

Many thanks to you all for your time.

I found a badly worn coin in a small lot a few days ago. I tried finding out what it is, but was unsuccesful. Could someone point me in the right direction or tell me what this is?

Unknown-1.jpg

The coin weighs 2,33g and has a diameter of 18 mm.

Thank you for your time. :ninja:

I am new here and have almost the same coin and was looking for ID help also. Mine has the same "coat of arms, is silver but diameter of mine is 20-21(?) mm. Mine reads Deutches Reich 1875 Pfennig but I cant read the denomination. Can anyone help with the denomination of mine?

Archived