CoinPeople.com

shew.... the market is getting clobbered...

LostDutchman

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everybody treats it like a normal investment, it is not. It basically needs to be approached from the angle that it is an insurance policy when all else(including insurance policies) are worthless. It is a long term commitment and should be approached that way, and not as a six month get rich quick scenario.

i would think so too.... but she likes to go to shows with me.. and likes to learn about stuff... so unless she wants to start her own coin shop... i think im alright hahahah

Let me warn you about a very serious situation you are encountering. It may well effect the rest of your life and usually starts with "for better or worse"

Now from personal experience a long time ago I met a young lady that appeared very dainty. She noticed a copy of The American Rifleman" magazine in my car. She picked it up and spent a lot of time reading it. She showed me a picture of a Ruger Mark 1 Simi auto that she would like. We went shooting together. We then started to look into jewlery stores. We started looking at engagement rings. Plans were being made for a thing called a wedding. After about 35 years, kids, grandkids I remember what your going through so let me warn you. SEE WHAT I MEAN. It could happen to you.

And remember this. Now those are your coins but soon they could be a joint ownership.

There are some very greedy women and men ou there. Everyone should be careful!!!!

There are some very greedy women and men ou there. Everyone should be careful!!!!

How do you get rid of a metal you invested in, in time to get a profit?

I was off shore at the time it hit $52. I hit the coin shop as fast as I could when I made it in. A majority of the silver I had was bought at $4-5 an ounce. So didn't feel bad at all missing the peak. My brother did a dummy and bought $1000 face value silver when it was dropping. At about $35 an ounce then held on to it. To me its very doubtful if anything like that will happen again.

I would jump on $4 silver like a fly on ______! (Chose whatever word fits your imagination here) Probably clean out everything, check under the cushions on the furniture, under the seats in the car, and sell junk on Ebay just to cash in on a deal like that. But, we all know thats not going to happen!

A lot of this was started by the leveraged hedge funds sitting with mortgage related debt that they can't sell for any price, and when they get a margin call they need to raise cash fast, and start selling stocks, metals, commodities and anything else not nailed down. Once they start it, then everyone else panics and we get a rush to the exits like we see today.

As for $150 gold Dustin, the last time it was that cheap, I was in second grade and not a big gold buyer on my 50-cent weekly allowance!

Wow I feel like the old man here, I can remember 12 cent comics, nickel candy bars and 27 cents a gallon gas ( I mowed yards when I was 9) When I started collecting coins Silver was about 2 dollars a oz and Gold 33 dollars a oz. Those were the days :ninja:

Archived