CoinPeople.com

shew.... the market is getting clobbered...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha yea i dont like so called (gold diggers) lol they ask about money its over! lol unless theres something in it for me after dinner" wink wink " but eh no gold diggers for me!!

That's a very useful web page Ken, thanks for sharing.

As for the actual prices and whatnot being all over the place, I could care less. The only thing that would annoy me is if silver went over $16 an ounce again, and gold hit $700 again. I collect coins for coins, not what they are made out of, if I had a collection of aluminum coins I would be just as happy, in fact I really like those! But I also make jewelry, and that is the only place that precious metal prices really hurt, it's hard to sell a ring for $200 when there is $175 in gold in it, so to me, the lower the better. Fine art jewelry for the most part doesn't relate at all to the value of the metal, I made a series of silver rings and the asking price was $325, while the actual metal value was only about $50 or so. ( I make really HEAVY rings too )

I think silver is going to make a big jump one day. Copper was 1.35 a pound 2 years ago. 1 year and 6 months ago it jumped to 3.75. I dont know what it is now. I would guess 2.95. I sold 214 puonds of copper when it was $3.50 a pound.

You can call it a game or call it a gamble but everything we do is based on cycles and while raw metal may move up and down very quickly we will find collectable coins move in a much slower cycle. A very quick huge drop would put numerous local dealers out of business in an instant. Been that way all my life and I see no reason for it to change now.

Silver jumped to $80 an Ounce in Dec. 1979. That must have been a great year for some people. I think it went from $15 to $80 in a year.