CoinPeople.com

My first Coin Show visit...

Mila_cent

Glad you had a good time :ninja:

Looks like somebody's workin' on a type set ;)

Let me add my voice to the general approval.

According to Jim Halperin of Heritage, coin shows are still the crux of the hobby.

http://www.numismedia.com/101/index15.shtml

You might find this advice helpful

http://www.tsns.org/butternut/butternut1.htm

I wrote this:

http://www.coin-newbies.com/articles/best_time_attend.html

Advice is helpful -- or not. Just go and have a good time.

Those are very nice, it seems there are never any coin shows around here. I don't want to go to a Canadian show anyway, I would rather go to a US show. However the only place near me is Sumas Washington and I don't think they will have one anytime soon. :ninja:

I have never been to one either daggit, but they are having one in Richland Washinton in October, and I plan to make that one. They also have them in Spokane occasionally.

\

I am looking forward to attending one.

I also went to the NY Invitational on Friday. I wonder if we were there at the same time. Anyway, the Brasher Doubloon was just sweet and there was tons of other high end stuff to drool over.

The show was a block away from my office and, although I would have liked to spend the day there, I was only able to get an hour's worth of coin viewing pleasure. I left the floor empty-handed. :ninja:

All was not lost though.... I did win 3 lots at the Heritage auction.

I also went to the NY Invitational on Friday.  I wonder if we were there at the same time.  Anyway, the Brasher Doubloon was just sweet and there was tons of other high end stuff to drool over. 

The show was a block away from my office and, although I would have liked to spend the day there, I was only able to get an hour's worth of coin viewing pleasure.  I left the floor empty-handed. ;)

All was not lost though.... I did win 3 lots at the Heritage auction.

Well then gpnyc,

I quess it was not you who spent $500 while I was there. :ninja:

Quess I got there about noon didn't stay too long...had to make a trip to Bklyn that same day before 5pm. But t was fun while it lasted. If you hear of another in NYC please let me know. PM me or post here

Well then gpnyc,

I quess it was not you who spent $500 while I was there.  :ninja:

Quess I got there about noon didn't stay too long...had to make a trip to Bklyn that same day before 5pm. But t was fun while it lasted. If you hear of another in NYC please let me know. PM me or post here

We probably just missed each other - I was there from around 11-12.

The next show I know of is the NY International Numismatic Convention. Its usually held in January but the 2006 dates have not been posted yet. Below is a link to the website from the 2005 show. Its mostly world coins though. I wish we had something like FUN or Long Beach around here.

NY International Numismatic Convention