CoinPeople.com

1998 Wide AM Cent

Found a really nice 1998 Wide AM in my change today..........I drive a Taxi Cab these days so I have the advantage of lots of cash flow..and small change. I have an interesting collection of "World Coins" although not worth much monetarily, they mean alot to me and have also tought me a great deal about the world and history alike. My favorites in my collection are merely a smooth error Washington Dollar and a 1909 S Wheaty thats not to shabby! (I still look hard as I can from time to time to see if maybe, just maybe, there is a hint of the notorious "VDB" to no avail. I'm still learning so much about numismatics..........how common is it to find a 1998 Wide AM Cent? I didn't see a great many on EBAY. Thanks! Shane

Hey Shane,

there is a fresh thread in the Copper Coins forum on this topic. Check it out. i'm too lazy to post the link here. Sorry!

I'd love to find one in circ though : x

My friend has found 28 of them(1998) . He has found 5 1999 wide am. 45 2000 wide am. Hope that helps you.

My friend has found 28 of them(1998) . He has found 5 1999 wide am. 45 2000 wide am. Hope that helps you.

Yes that certainly helps. Explains why I only saw maybe 4 on EBAY. I guess I will hold onto it just for conversation. Deadpoint thanks for the site suggestion. I am in the process of registering now. Smart folks there at copper coins....bit of a process to log in but I'm patient. I'm loving this site and becoming much more interested in error collecting. Shane :ninja:

Deadpoint thanks for the site suggestion. I am in the process of registering now. Smart folks there at copper coins....bit of a process to log in but I'm patient. I'm loving this site and becoming much more interested in error collecting. Shane ;)

No prob. But I've never had to log in there :ninja: I just use their advanced search of varieties. Meh. maybe you found a better feature.

Can't wait to see pics!

Yes that certainly helps. Explains why I only saw maybe 4 on EBAY. I guess I will hold onto it just for conversation. Deadpoint thanks for the site suggestion. I am in the process of registering now. Smart folks there at copper coins....bit of a process to log in but I'm patient. I'm loving this site and becoming much more interested in error collecting. Shane :ninja:

I have not had near the luck at finding the Wide A M variety as previously decribed.! Maybe they was more commen closer to the issue date..?? Anyhow, I have hunted thru several hundred rolls of Lincoln cents and to date have found only a single - '98 & 2000, neither was in very good condition...

I found the link below helpful & interesting. Good luck & happy hunting.. C.P

http://koinpro.tripod.com/Articles/_Ty-2_R...t_Varieties.htm

I have not had near the luck at finding the Wide A M variety as previously decribed.! Maybe they was more commen closer to the issue date..?? Anyhow, I have hunted thru several hundred rolls of Lincoln cents and to date have found only a single - '98 & 2000, neither was in very good condition...

I found the link below helpful & interesting. Good luck & happy hunting.. C.P

http://koinpro.tripod.com/Articles/_Ty-2_R...t_Varieties.htm

Hello,

Yes I enjoyed the site thank you, I book marked it for future reference. I will be getting pix on the 98 wide AM........its in really nice shape too! shane

Archived