CoinPeople.com

what are the fav coins you got in your collection?

roaddevil

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
how big is that thing?

About 190mm X 200mm. It weighs a couple of kilos I think. It weighs down my safe deposit box at one of my banks, it has a little brother 1 Daler too:

1daler.jpg

From the reign of Karl XII, bought it because it was made during the Great Northern War, and was one of the very few non token coins from the era 1715-1721 made in Sweden.

My largest British piece:

birminghamthreepence1813.jpg

This Birmingham Hockey Puck weighs an astounding 3 Ozs, and was worth 3 Pence. There were plans for a copper sixpence, or tanner also, but plans were stopped because of the tremendous steam pressure needed to strike such a piece. This is the largest coin issued in Britain and actually circulated since the English Civil War.

Moldavia-Wallachia, now Moldova is close to home for my family.

My rotten daughter bought a Moldavian coin a couple of years ago for a pittance, so I had to have one too:

moldavia.jpg

These things are HARD to find with details of the design, just ask Banivechi about them.

For some reason I do not yet have a lot of CC or Carson City coins, but I think I have some silver dollars somewhere in a bank, but this is one I know I have:

carsoncitydime.jpg

The most affordable CC coin around. Hopefully sometime soon I will acquire one of it's $20 Liberty cousins.

Without a doubt, probably my rarest coin, described in a 1968 Scottish coin catalog as unique, but now about 4 are known:

davidii2nd4d.jpg

One I bought instead of a 14th century English noble that I found had too much clipping. What makes this Groat or fourpence of David II(1329-1371) so rare are the seven arcs in the tressure around the monarchs bust. These are normally seen with six arcs. One I have owned since I was a young punk, but not too cool to know a good coin when I saw it.

You have quite a few favs. lol. All I have to say is, if you ever want to sell that plate money give me a yell, I am fascinated by two things in general coin collecting, things that are HUGE and things that are small!

Here are a few more coins I really enjoy from my collection.

20 cent

66dgrpt.jpg

flying eagle cent

6bodmrd.jpg

shield nickel

52okdjr.jpg

a proof-like thaler, this reverse is my favorite of any coin, and is also very similar to my family crest on my fathers dads side. I even have a tattoo similar to that on my left calf; I have an inuit eagle on the right. :ninja:

6ako0ie.jpg

love the double profile, and the eagle

505xptx.jpg

this coins just really nice!

4lfu4pw.jpg

the eagle reminds me of old style Mexican coinage

5xgjosl.jpg

one of the few rainbow coins I've ever owned, and I still wish it was blast white

53qngao.jpg

i just like these

6cx0dwi.jpg

Archived