CoinPeople.com

what are the fav coins you got in your collection?

roaddevil

well you can post as much as like (with pic prefered :ninja: ) the fav coins you got in your collection ;) now that that is said here are a few of mine ;) :-

something 2 do with the lion on the reverse ^_^ my fav animal an horoscope :-

tetrt.jpg

DSC0001022.jpg

this coin started it all ;) when i first got a bunch of coins from my mum this was in em :D it was my mums when she was small an it's hard to find an its size really impressed me :D :-

DSC0000722.jpg

DSC0000622.jpg

and this my first ever wheatie (hard 2 get in bahrain ;)) i got from my dealer for free :D i like it cause of its dark red yet very clear colour (the pic doesnt show its real colour cause the light is directly near it) :-

DSC0000822.jpg

DSC0000922.jpg

what are your fav coins? :D

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

100% my 1802 over 1 draped bust dollar. I adore that coin.

4pmfv6a.jpg

And Roaddevil, send me your addy I'll git ya somethin bright for the ol' wheatie collection. :ninja:

There is still a tiny bit of lustre around the devices and in the field behind the head, which is amazing for a 205 year old coin!

yea i like the effect the grey under her eyes an under here ear etc. does :ninja: i luv coins like that ;) eg:- i got 1 also my fav but didnt take the pic its a 1950 1 dutch mark german (also 1 of my first coins i got from my mum ^_^) the same black/grey effect make the coin look so amazing ;) ...umm makes it stand out from new unc coins .....i actually favour these coins then unc or proofs ;)

1794.jpg

I have several coins that cost me more than this one did originally, but this is still my favourite I have owned it since 1993. It had just come in a penny board into a coin shop that I was visiting on a Saturday morning. There was a nearly complete set of cents from 1793-1857 in the board, only the 1799 and a couple of others were missing. Most of the dates after 1820 were uncs. I knew I could not buy the whole board, but I had to have something and this was it.

This is one of my favourite coins:-

Probus Antoninuanus

Obv:– VIRTVS PRO-BI AVG, Radiate, helmeted, cuirassed bust left, holding spear and shield, decorated with emperor riding past row of soldiers with shields

Rev:– ADVENTVS PROBI AVG, Emperor riding left, right hand raised, left holding sceptre; at foot, captive

Minted in Lugdunum (IIII) Emission 5 Officina 4. End A.D. 277 to Early A.D. 278

Ref:– Cohen 69. Bastien 256 (2 examples cited). RIC 64 Bust Type G.

Minted to commemorate the return of the Emperor through Lugdunum on his way to Rome after a successful campaign against the German tribes.

A crisp example with full silvering. The shield is decorated with the emperor on horseback riding past his troops with a raised hand.

929296.jpg

Regards,

Martin

These two are my favorites. The half may be scratched, but like the nickel came from my Grandparents.

1896 s Barber half

908282.jpg

1912 nickel

908283.jpg

I got 3 morgans from other family members also but these were special.

I can't pick just one coin so I'll post a favorite for each US denomination and a favorite world coin.

I'll start with my favorite Half Cent..........

929306.jpg

My favorite Large Cent......

929307.jpg

And my favorite small cent........

924339.jpg

No 2¢ in my collection now so I'll continue on with my favorite (and only) 3¢....

926197.jpg

My favorite Nickel......

910069.jpg

And my favorite Half Dime....

917145.jpg

Getting to the larger denominations, here is my favorite Dime....

929308.jpg

My favorite quarter....

929309.jpg

And Half Dollar....

901943.jpg

More to come later....

Gpnyc, way to put my collection to shame, lol. Seriously what's the lowest grade coin in your collection, that large cent?! Haha, beautiful coins, and I certainly would have trouble picking a fav. if my coins all looked like that as well!

Gpnyc, way to put my collection to shame, lol. Seriously what's the lowest grade coin in your collection, that large cent?! Haha, beautiful coins, and I certainly would have trouble picking a fav. if my coins all looked like that as well!

Since you asked, this is my lowest grade coin (Graded FA-2 by PCGS):

922835.jpg

No 2¢ in my collection now so I'll continue on with my favorite (and only) 3¢....

926197.jpg

My favorite Nickel......

910069.jpg

And my favorite Half Dime....

917145.jpg

This three cent piece would be my favorite if I had it. Luv it!!!

Sorry I can't post pics because my camera is really crappy, but my favorite coins are my 1848 large cent, my 1866 2 cent coin, my 1874 3 cent coin, my uncirculated 1944 mercury dime, my 1943 steel cents (P,S, and D Mint Marks), my 1923-S peace dollar,

my 1880-O,1887-S, and 1921 Morgan Dollars.

Archived