CoinPeople.com

Hello from Wales in the United Kingdom

I am a noob around here but not to coin collecting. I have a small selection of world and british coins and a much more extensive collection of Roman coins. I have already made a few posts and the folks here seem bery helpful indeed. I hope to be able to repay that help when the topics turn to my areas of extpertise.

I have started to upload some of my collection to omnicoin too but uploading the whole collection may take me some time. The Roman selection alone is well over 1,000 coins. I just hope that there is something there of interest to others.

http://www.omnicoin.com/?collection=maridvnvm

Regards,

Martin

welcome maridvnvm, I assume you are the same maridvnvm that frequents forvm. Have fun.

I am indeed the same maridvnvm. I think you have the better of me as I don't recognise you but perhaps I should. I hope to be able to help out a bit with some of the ancients especially when they come from Lugdunum or are Severan from Emesa.

Wooohoooo for Wales. Welcome to the site.

I'm heading over to Wales in about a month, to the Chepstow area

I live in the Chepstow area. A small world. What drags you to this neck of the woods?

Thanks to evertone for the warm welcome.

Regards,

Martin

My wife has alopecia and we will be attending a conference held by a woman in Chepstow. We attended it last year and had a wonderful time.

Are there any dealers in the Chepstow area? What about Cardiff?

Are there any dealers in the Chepstow area? What about Cardiff?

What a small world. No walk in dealers in the area I am afraid. There are lots of antique shops but the pickings are generally slim even in Cardiff.

I hope you enjoy the trip.

Regards,

Martin

Have started my Omnicoin album and have added over 100 coins already. A bit of an eclectic mix in there. I have started to add my mass of Romans now. I hope there ios something that people will find interesting in them. There are some nice and some very rare coins in there too.

My speciality areas are the eastern mints of Septimius Severus (A.D. 193-195) and the coinage of Probus from Lugdunum (modern Lyons). These two topics make up the bulk of my collection though it meanders all over the place as my whims take me. I haven't started uploading the majority of these coins yet...

From my short time here I can say that it seems quite a lively place with lots of interesting coins from all over. I haven't been tempted to stray from my selected collecting area yet but I might be tempted over time.

Regards,

Martin

• 1 month later...

Archived