CoinPeople.com

need help id'ing japan, taiwan an thailand coins :)

roaddevil

ahhh yes atlast i got it!!!!! ty gx ;) i didnt know that the 5 before the 10 meant its 50 i thought it was 5+10 etc like that ;) now i know ;) after checkin wikipedia, ur site (which is on google also btw ;) 4th site in the list :ninja: ) , readin the numbers an all :D xD i now know 1-20 byheart xD lol ty :D

ok thai numbers r less complicated :ninja: cause they go by Buddhist Era (B.E.) ;) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_solar_calendar) an on the reverse of every thai coin the yr is written (easy 2 figure out) u can use the table on this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_numerals to get the Buddhist Era (B.E.) yr an convert it ;) eg:- my coin was B.E. 2530 which is 1987 ;) (ty google an wikipedia xD)

Buddhist Era (B.E.), which is 543 years earlier than the Christian Era (A.D.). For example, A.D. 2007 is equivalent to 2550 B.E.

thus another trick ;) to get a christian yr from a thai yr u can minus it by 543 :D eg as shown above B.E.2550-543=A.D.2007 :D

;) i byhearted em u only need 1-9 for the yrs ;) the table is on wikipedia (also only 1-9) ;) an just incase i wrote em on paper ;) to take with me 2 the dealer an translate the yrs :D all in all thai yrs r easier then japanese, chinese an korean :ninja: all u need 2 do is translate an minus by 540 :D if u need help ill be glad 2 help u out :D