CoinPeople.com

2007 US Mint Proof Set

leethree

So I got my 2007 US Mint Proof Set in the mail today and noticed the clarification label (sticker) on the two-lens box (the blue one containing the 07 50 states Qtrs and the 07 Proof Set). I also got an insert from the mint explaining the label "2007 United States Mint 10 of 14 Proof Coins". This was actually the top label with an obvious first sticker/label underneath. What's the deal with this? I wonder if the 1st label was an error.

They also say that "about half" of the 10-coin boxes will be labelled with the stickers and the other half printed - though they cannot guarantee which version subsequent orders will receive.

Just wondering what the scoop is. :ninja:

Here is what the mint put out for the reason why

"We wanted to clearly identify the total number of coins contained inside the 2007 United States Mint Proof Sets® two-lens carton (10 proof coins of a 14-coin set). For the sets that had already been packaged, we placed this clarification on a label. For the sets that had not been packaged, we printed the cartons to include the clarifying language. Both packaging versions are variations of the same official United States Mint product."

Here is what the mint put out for the reason why

"We wanted to clearly identify the total number of coins contained inside the 2007 United States Mint Proof Sets® two-lens carton (10 proof coins of a 14-coin set). For the sets that had already been packaged, we placed this clarification on a label. For the sets that had not been packaged, we printed the cartons to include the clarifying language. Both packaging versions are variations of the same official United States Mint product."

I wonder why they all of a sudden felt the need to clarify how many coins were in one box. Did you get the same thing?

Did you get the same thing?

Exactly the same stickers as you did. There were a few people who failed to understand what coins would be encluded in this years proof set. Some were ordering the Presidental dollars by themselves, not knowing that they would be included in the set. I guss this was an attempt to enlighten those who failed to understand what they had when the package was delivered.

Archived