CoinPeople.com

Latest Polymers

De Orc

Would like to share these with you all, they arrived in todays post & I am very happy with them :ninja:

Bangladesh

10 Taka 2000

Pink/Brown

Governor Dr M Farashuddin

Front Sheikh M Rahman, Baital Mokarram, national mosque Dakar, Doyel (magpie robin) ust above the see through panel

Rev National Parliament & National Memorial right of the Parliament building a satellite dish at the Betbunia Satellite Earth Station in Chittagong is depicted. The Bank's Coat of Arms is directly above the dish

Blossoms of the Shapla flower form a vertical edge pattern on both the front and the back of the note.

P 35

Chatham Islands

$5 2001

Multi

1st Millenium Dollar

Front Hologram, Taiko bird , Value, Chatham Islands black robin

Rev The Ancestors

3rd Issue

Hong Kong

$10 01/04/07

Multi

Financial Secretary Henry Tang

Front Shadow Image of Bauhinia flower in clear window, Shadow value, See through picture of rearing horse, Geometric design

Rev Geometric design, See through picture of rearing horse, Shadow Image of Bauhinia flower in clear window

Nepal

10R 2006

Multi

Governor B N Bhattarai

Front King Gyanendra, Vishnu astride the imaginary Garuda bird, Devnagari script Assecion to the throne round see through window

Rev Antelope family below Coat of Arms

Malaysia

5 Ringgit 2004

Green/Purple

Governor Z A Aziz

Front See through window showing Prime Minister's office at Putrajaya, Hibiscus National flower Top & Bottom, 1st King of Malaysia, Seri Paduka Baginda Yang di-Pertuan Agong

Rev landmark buildings, the KL International Airport, the Petronas Twin Towers, and a map showing Putrajaya and Cyberjava.

P 47

Nigeria

20n 2006

Green/Gray

Governor C C Soludo

Director of Currency & Branch Operations B C Onyido

Front General M R Muhammed (1938-1976) head of state and Nigeria's national hero. Bank of Nigeria's logo at upper right & in the clear window

Rev Dr L Kwali (c. 1925-1983), Nigeria's best known potter. A map of Nigeria, Coat of Arms of Nigeria

Romania

2,000 Lei 11/08/99

total Solar eclipse

Multi

Governor M C Isarescu

Chief Cashier D Florescu

Front Solar system with the sun and the nine planets, Bank of Romania’s logo top centre, Coat of Arms

Rev map of Romania in Romanian colours showing area where the Solar eclipse was best visible

P111a

Singapore

$2 2006

Purple

Chairman Gok Chok Tong

Front Coat of arns in see through window, Value on golden lion's head, 1st President of Singapore, E Y bin Ishak (1910-1970), Money Cowrie

Rev Teaching children in front of Victoria Bridge School & College of Medicine At the back, Raffles Institution

P46

Solomon Islands

$2 21/06/01

Green/Gray

Silver Jubilee of the Central Bank of Solomon Islands

Governor R N Houenipwela

Secretary Finance George Kiriau

Front Coat of Arms, Wood carvings of porpoises, angelfish and a food bowl bottom center, Two porpoises form a central design

Rev Men and children driving fish into shallow water to be speared.

P 23

Zambia

1000k 2004

Multi

Governor C M Fundanga

Front Value above see through dove & Coat of Arms, Jacaranda tree, Fish Eagle

Rev Aardvak’s head, Sorghum farming, Chain Breaking Statue

P45

500k 2004

Multi

Governor C M Fundanga

Front Value above see through dove & Coat of Arms,Baobab tree, Fish Eagle

Rev Elephant, Cotton picking, Chain Breaking Statue

P44

Follow the link in my sig to view them ;);)

Thanks Art I have sort of got hooked on them LOL I especialy like the new $10HK note & the Romanian Solar Eclipse one, the colours are so vibrant :ninja:

All you had to do was click on the link in my sig LOL but if you cant see that for some reason try this :ninja:

http://www.banknotebank.com/user_view.aspx?id=De-Orc

I've also been bitten by the bug, mainly because of the Zambian 500, and 1,000 kwacha. I am a big fan of them in general though, and the ones from Romania are especially nice. I wish the US would jump on this bandwagon for the $20, it seems to be the most widely used other than the $1 note.

I'm actually looking for the 1992 issues of the Non-polymer 500 and 1,000 kwacha notes, and let me tell you that paper 1000 is hard to track down at a good price, and in unc. The 500 wasn't too hard, but I only have one in Xf. Who knew I would get the polymer first eh? :ninja:

LOL good luck with finding it :ninja: Well got two more Polymers to add to my collection today and they are ;)

Mexico

20 Pesos 17/05/02 but issued on 30/09/02

Blue/Terracotta

Chief Cashier R S Otero

Deputy Governor J M Yacaman

Front See through window with the #20, Coat of Arms, Benito Juarez

Rev Monument to Benito Juarez

Series F

P116a

Thailand

50Baht 18/08/97

Blue/Purple/Orange

Finance Minister T Nimmanahaeminda

Governor C Wibulswasdi

Front Coat of arms, Fancy seal, King Rama IX, Value above and in see through window

Rev Monument of King Rama IV seated at table

P102

Please click on the link in my sig to view

And just arrived today another rather nice Mexican Polymer :ninja:

Mexico

50 Pesos 2004/06

Pink/Yellow/Blue

Chief Cashier G O Martinez

Deputy Governor M E H H Barba

Front Value below Butterfly, Coat of arms, Portrait J M Morellos, Value above Catapillar in see through window

Rev Value above Catapillar in see through window, Bank Seal, Butterflies in front of the De Morelia Mich Aquaduct, Value below Butterfly

Serie A

Again it is another note with a number of varients to collect LOL To view just click on the link in my sig ;)

Todays addition to the collection is a very nice note from PNG just look at the detail in the background :ninja:

PNG

10 Kina 2002

Blue/Ocher

Governor Leonard Wilson Kamit

Secretary Koiari Tarata

Front Value in top corners, National Crest, Canoe from Milne Bay Province, Sepik spears, a Madang shield, Sepik house post and wood carvings from New Ireland

Rev Value in opposing corners, Tami bowl, bird of paradise, Boars tusks from the Highlands & various shell ornaments

P26

To view please just click on the link in my sig ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Three new Polymers for the collection & I think the NZ note is rather special, not even sure why LOL it just stands out ;)

Chile

2000 Peso 2004 Polymer

Purple

Governor Vittorio Corbo L

Gen Manager Camilo Carrasco Alfonso

Front M R Erdoyza (1785-1818), Chilean revolutionary, Monument dedicated to him by sculptress Blanca Merino Lizana

Rev Church of the Dominicans. Declared a national monument in 1983, by Joaquin Toesca, the church's architect. Seal of the Banco Central de Chile at lower right

P160

Mexico

50 Pesos 07/09/05

Pink/Yellow/Blue

Chief Cashier Guillermo Güemez García

Deputy Governor Valdes Ramons

Front Value below Butterfly, Coat of arms, Portrait J M Morellos, Value above Catapillar in see through window

Rev Value above Catapillar in see through window, Bank Seal, Butterflies in front of the De Morelia Mich Aquaduct, Value below Butterfly

Serie B

NZ

$10.00 Jan 2006 Polymer

Blue/Cream/Green/Ocher

Governor Allan Bollard

Front White camellia, Kate Sheppard campaigner for universal suffrage in NZ

Rev Blue duck, Blechnum fern & Parahebe catarractae

P186

Hope you all like them, to view just click on the link in my sig :ninja:

just got my new VietNam Dong Polymor notes today, this is my very first purchase of polymor notes, boy there strange things aren't they, dont no if i could ever get used to this kind of money, i hope they never introduce it into the uk banking system, anywa got my 10,000 and 20,000 vietnam dong notes, will get photo's up shortly,

i hope they never introduce it into the uk banking system

Why not? I think that UK deserve to use the polymer notes... wasn't the image of QEII into first ever issued polymer note (Australia 5 dollars)?

Actually we use here plastic notes from 1999 and nobody died from this...

i hope they never introduce it into the uk banking system

They have been in circulation in the British Isles, notably Isle of Man was the first place to issue polymer notes way back in 1982 with the tyvek notes. For some reason, maybe cost of production at the time, they did not use them long and then went back to paper notes. Northern Ireland has had Northern Bank issue £5's in 1999 with a Space Shuttle/Year 2000 commem.

I dont have the Isle of man in my collection yet but I do have the Northern Bank issue £5 which I like a lot :ninja: and I would be quite happy to see them in genral circulation over here

Just added this lovely note to my collection with thanks to Derrick aka see323 who kindly sent me two consec notes ;)

Singapore

$20 2007 Polymer

Orange

40 years of the Currency Interchangeability Agreement

Chairman Hsien Loong

Front Coat of arms in see through window, Value on golden lion's head, 1st President of Singapore, E Y bin Ishak (1910-1970), “Dendrobium Puan Noor Aishah” orchid

Rev 2 interlocking “C” state crests of both countries and the text “Forty Years”, Singapore’s Esplanade - Theatres on the Bay & Brunei’s Omar ‘Ali Saifuddien Mosque

To view just click on the link in my sig :ninja:

Why not? I think that UK deserve to use the polymer notes... wasn't the image of QEII into first ever issued polymer note (Australia 5 dollars)?

Actually we use here plastic notes from 1999 and nobody died from this...

Nope dont like them, i hope they never introduce them into the uk they feel weird, just feels like monoply money, very strange notes, i get the point about they last longer and are more durable but na dont like them one bit.

Ok here is my new polymor vietnam dong i got, you's should think about getting some also, a realy good investment opportuntiy.

http://hotimg6.fotki.com/a/81_99/132_35/100_0769.jpg

http://hotimg8.fotki.com/p/a/81_99/132_35/100_0770.jpg

http://hotimg8.fotki.com/p/a/81_99/132_35/100_0771.jpg

http://hotimg6.fotki.com/p/a/81_99/132_35/100_0773.jpg

100_0773.JPG

I have these two so far

20000d 2004

Blue/Red/Ocher

Front State arms over value, Ho Chi Minh, Window with value in

Rev Window with value in, Riverside Palace.

Security device of strip both sides with value running top to bottom

Watermarked with Ho

10000d 2004

Green/Blue/Brown

Rev Window with value in, Oil platforms

Watermarked with Ho

Dont collect bundles as I honestly woudnt have the room to keep them LOL

Also just arrived this morning from Singapore but not yet scanned are these two :ninja:

$10 2004 Polymer

Pink/Purple

Chairman Hsien Loong

Front Coat of arms in see through window, Value on golden lion's head, 1st President of Singapore, E Y bin Ishak (1910-1970), Cowrie

Rev Sports Theme, Jogging/Tennis/Soccer/Swimming/Sailing

P48

$5 2007 Polymer

Green/Purple

Chairman Gok Chok Tong

Front Coat of arms in see through window, Value on golden lion's head, 1st President of Singapore, E Y bin Ishak (1910-1970), Cowrie

Rev Garden city theme, Old tembusu tree & national flower, the Vanda Miss Joaquim

Will be scanning & adding to the collection shortly

I have these two so far

20000d 2004

Blue/Red/Ocher

Rev Window with value in, Riverside Palace.

Watermarked with Ho

10000d 2004

Green/Blue/Brown

Rev Window with value in, Oil platforms

Watermarked with Ho

Dont collect bundles as I honestly woudnt have the room to keep them LOL

Also just arrived this morning from Singapore but not yet scanned are these two :ninja:

$10 2004 Polymer

Pink/Purple

Chairman Hsien Loong

Rev Sports Theme, Jogging/Tennis/Soccer/Swimming/Sailing

P48

$5 2007 Polymer

Green/Purple

Chairman Gok Chok Tong

Rev Garden city theme, Old tembusu tree & national flower, the Vanda Miss Joaquim

Will be scanning & adding to the collection shortly

Investment wise though it may be a good idea to get some bundles as it wont be long until the dong in re-valued then there a tidy profit in it,

Investment wise though it may be a good idea to get some bundles as it wont be long until the dong in re-valued then there a tidy profit in it,

i've always been a bit skeptical when it comes to "investing" in money bundles. i've seen hundred of those ads for years on e-bay now, (iraq dinars/vietnamese dong), and so far i haven't heard of any of the investors making any money. (the dealers are making a killing though!)

if i had a large bundle of these a few years ago:

RomaniaPNew-50000Lei-2001-donatedJaeHongLee_f.jpg

i wouldn't have made any money at all once these came out:

RomaniaPNew-5Lei-2005-dml_f.jpg

so my question is...even if the vietnamese dong is revalued, how do i make any profit?

Archived