CoinPeople.com

Latest Polymers

De Orc

your wrong actually the dinar has increasd in value quiet a bit from round about 2470dinar when iraq was first invaded to about 1240 dinar now, that's a hell of a jump and it's increasing in value all the time so to say no-one has made money then you'd be wrong, when i first got into buying dinar for myself i bought a 1000 x 50 block for £30 pounds and this was from a dealer, since then the price of a block has went upto £125 pounds now for any investors that bought blocks when i did then they've all made a hell of a profit, that's £85 pounds now say they had 10 blocks that's £850 pounds profit just for sitting on a few notes for a year ods, some profit.

Also the viet dong there's another cracker, you asked the questionhow will i make any money when the viet dong re-values, simple, just walk into any bank and cash your money in or any money exchange bureo, the dong has to either be re-valued or the goverment has to let it be traded internationaly, vietnam is getting far to big now last year it's gdp was 7.7% this year it's going upto 8.6%, massive, the amount of investment is going through the roof companies are putting into vietnam also the amount of exxports vietnam is doing, for the past 30year the goverment has deliberatly keeping the value of the dong supressed but now all restrictions on it have been lifted, it's rumerd to be either the end of 2007 the dong will be re-valued or the start of the year, so again another great currency to get into .

so as i said if you want any thine if not no problem:-)

Thing is though if I was to start doing that then I woudnt have the $$££ to finamc my addiction :ninja: Sorry hobby and to be honest I would much rather collect the odd note than bundles that might or might not make a profit. Dont forget the market can go down as well as up.

Vietnam, maybe. Iraq, after the USA military leaves, their money will be worth less than toilet paper.

your forgetting one thing, iraq has the 2nd biggest oil reserves in the world and possibly even the biggest as over 70 new fields have been discoverd in the past year also over 50 gas fields have been discoverd, also iraq has no debt what so ever anymore, all of iraqs debt was written of by all the countrys of the world, over a trillion dollars has been written off, the only thing that will happen to the dinar is the value will rocket up, just think before 2003 when iraq was invaded 1 dinar was worth over £2 pounds for 1 dinar, just now you can buy a 100 x 50dinar bundle for £16.99 that's 5000dinar, if it goes back to it's pre war value of £2pound sthen that 5000dinar is worth £10 grand, not bad for a £16 pound investment ay.

iraq is getting billions apon billions spent on it right now and invested in it right now by all the big companies in the world, there queing up at the doar dying to get into iraq and setup business, the amount of money people will make out of this is mental, also the isx just opend up, were else in the world do you no were you can buy bank stocks for a few dinars, oh and the banks are british banks and usa banks aswell like hsbc and chase, these banks have bought iraqi banks and you can get there shares for pennys right now, if you were to try and do the same on the london stock market you'd be paying over £60 per 1 stock. NUTS

hay look i'm not trying to get anyone to invest in dinars or dong, all i was saying when all this first started was if anyone wants any then get in touch, i was meaning a few notes or a bundle as the post i made was my new viet dong notes, but this has now went into a kind of me haveing to tell everyone about the value of being in the dinar or the dong.

as i said in my first post if you want any then thine get in touch and i can supply what ever amount is needed, were that be a few notes or 20 blocks of notes:-)

cheers guys

What happens if Iraq decides to print new money to get rid of Saddam off of their money????

That means all those dinars you hoarded will be worthless paper. And I wouldn't doubt if this is what will happen.

hi the old sadam dinars dont exsist anymore, a new currency has been printed without sadams face, the new currency is printed by De La Ru and was agreed by the new iraqi goverment also by the uk and us goverments and is written and agreed by the iraq goverment that it can not be changed in any way so hope that answers your question.

p.s but if you do have any sadam dinars you can still sell them as collectors notes, some are actually quiet valuable:-) i posted a full sheet note of 15 that i got not long ago in new banknotes, that's worth a few quid some are even more exspensive,

you asked the questionhow will i make any money when the viet dong re-values, simple, just walk into any bank and cash your money in or any money exchange bureo, the dong has to either be re-valued or the goverment has to let it be traded internationaly

okay, but in my example i used romania. romania revalued their currency because of their acceptance into the european union, and their gdp is set to double by 2011. if i walked into any bank and cashed in my old romanian money, i'd walk out with about the same amount as i put in. how does a vietnamese dong revaluation or an improved outlook on trade and economics make buying bundles of dong an investment, if romania is a prime example of why it's not?

your wrong actually the dinar has increasd in value quiet a bit from round about 2470dinar when iraq was first invaded to about 1240 dinar now, that's a hell of a jump and it's increasing in value all the time so to say no-one has made money then you'd be wrong

the only place on the planet you can go to convert iraqi dinars into something other than iraqi dinars is in a bank...in iraq. there's a few military bases in kuwait i've seen that had places you could exchange money, but they're not open to the general public, and anything over a few hundred dollars would be a no-go.

in practice, even if the value of the dinar quadrupled today, the only place you could realistically offload a wheelbarrow full of dinars is on ebay...selling to other "investors" who can also only resell on ebay. iraqi dinars are sorta like a pyramid scheme. whoever is on the bottom loses unless they can get rid of it by finding someone else.

Personally, I dont really buy into all this investment stuff. Thats not to say that the currency isnt or wont be worth anything in the future..... When I buy a banknote, I buy it because I like the way it looks, and I want to add it to my collection. Not because I think I can make a profit off of it....... :ninja:

okay, but in my example i used romania. romania revalued their currency because of their acceptance into the european union, and their gdp is set to double by 2011. if i walked into any bank and cashed in my old romanian money, i'd walk out with about the same amount as i put in. how does a vietnamese dong revaluation or an improved outlook on trade and economics make buying bundles of dong an investment, if romania is a prime example of why it's not?

the only place on the planet you can go to convert iraqi dinars into something other than iraqi dinars is in a bank...in iraq. there's a few military bases in kuwait i've seen that had places you could exchange money, but they're not open to the general public, and anything over a few hundred dollars would be a no-go.

in practice, even if the value of the dinar quadrupled today, the only place you could realistically offload a wheelbarrow full of dinars is on ebay...selling to other "investors" who can also only resell on ebay. iraqi dinars are sorta like a pyramid scheme. whoever is on the bottom loses unless they can get rid of it by finding someone else.

in answer to your question again you are wrong, you can walk into any chase bank in america and sell your dinars right now,and have been able to for over a year also you can go into the bank of america in new york, also you can walk into the halifax in the uk and sell your dinars, so again you are wrong.

about the dong,

Commercial banks now do not have enough VND to buy foreign currencies,

In mid November, the VND/US$ exchange rate offered by Vietcombank HCM City Branch was VND16,100/US$1. People thought that the VND would lose its value against the dollar as they saw in the last years. However, contrary to al predictions, the dollar is losing its value against the VND. On December 22, the bank listed its official exchange rate at VND16,067/US$1, lower the rate quoted in mid November, and lower than the inter-bank rate declared by the State Bank of Vietnam (SBV).

In fact, the dollar purchasing prices offered by commercial banks are calculated by the sum of the inter-bank rate plus 0.25%. The inter-bank exchange rate announced on December 22 was VND16,088/US$1, and the banks could buy dollar at VND16,128/US$1, while they just offered at VND16,067/US$1.

Vietnam banks now only purchase foreign currencies from export companies. As for other clients, who want to sell dollars, the banks delay making deals or lowering the purchasing prices in order to reduce the demand for selling foreign currencies.

The supplies of foreign currencies always increase at the year end, and this also happens this year. Vietnam has exported $36.9bil worth of products so far this year, up by 22.1% over the same period of the last year. Several million US dollars would be remitted by Viet Kieu to their relatives in Vietnam in the pre-Tet months. In addition, the Viet Kieu who return home on Tet will also bring a large sums of dollars with themselves for spending, which will make the dollar supplies profuse.

the demand for selling dollars is increasingly high, while local banks do not have enough VND to buy. Even when banks can arrange enough VND, they still cannot buy as much foreign currencies as they want.

Under the current regulations, the commercial banks only can hold a certain sum of foreign currencies, and they will be punished by SBV, if the foreign currency position in a day exceeds the set level. If the banks buy overly high volumes of foreign currencies, they must sell the exceeded volume to other banks. If they cannot make deals with other commercial banks, the central bank must act as the final buyer of foreign currencies. In the last few days, commercial banks have many times ‘driven through the red lights’, but the central bank has refused to buy the foreign currencies.

Buying foreign currencies or curbing inflation?

Analysts said that the central bank has every reason to refuse to buy foreign currencies at this moment. If it puts more money into circulation, this would leave a hard pressure on inflation that may cause uncontrollable price increases.

the vietnam dong can no longer stay at it's current level against the dollar it either has to re-value or it has to be allowed to trade freely on the world trade market the forex, for the past 30year the goverment has delibrility kept the dong value low but this has now been lifted as the country is growing to big now with exports and the dong is increasing against the dollar everyday so it has to be either re-valued or traded freely on the forex, this is why it is a massive opportunity to invest in the dong as it will shortly wither be traded or re-valued.

---------------

Oh and the reason you'l make a profit is the following, say you purchased 1 million vietnam dong right now which would cost you about £50 pounds, if the vietnam dong re-valued to say, well say just 1 pence that would be £1000 pounds you had made when the dong re-values on your million dong, what a profit, and say it went to 10pence that's £10,000 pounds and say it went to £1 pound, that's 1 million pounds profit, this is how you make a profit.

same goes with the dinar, as i said before 2003 in 2002 1 dinar was worth £2 pounds, right now you can buy 100 x 50dinar for £16.99 for 5000dinar, when dinar re-values say it went back to it's pre war value, that's £10,000 pounds - that's £9,983 pounds profit for spending a little £16.99, dont you think it's worth the risk ??

the last time it happend was when kuwait was invaded in gulf war 1, the kuwaiti dinar de-valued, then the only people that could invest were the american soldiers and when the kuwaiti dinar re-valued those who had invested became millionaires, a proven fact. the kuwait dinar is now worth something like $3 dollar ods were as it was worth nothing during gulf war 1,

the only differance now is the internet is about were it wasn't then and now anyone can get in on it.

Inflation in China was in August 6.5% Source: USA Today

Is Yuan a good investment idea :ninja:

in answer to your question:

The Chinese reminbi was once threatened to revaluate, and the Chinese central bank had to inject reminbi in circulation to buy foreign currencies. This has helped China to have a huge foreign currency reserve of up to $1,000bil, and made China-sourced export products cheap and competitive in the world’s market. meening the reminbi will not be re-valued as china has massive stocks of foreign currency not like vietnam were they do NOT have massive stocks of foreign currency and even if they wanted to could not buy enough foreign currency as there is a seriously low amount of vnd available. which is a great reason to get involved in the vnd

so as i said in my origanal post before all the crazines started and i had to back up why the dinar and viet dong were a good idea to get into, as other people didn't actually no what they were talking about, if anyone was wanting any dinar or dong then give me a shout:-)

hopefully this is the end of all this now

and as i said i'm not trying to get anyone to invest in the dong or dinar, it was simply an of the cuff remark that if anyone wanted any, and when i said any i meant 1 note or 2 notes or maybee even a bundle then simply let me no. and as a last remark i said it was also a good investment to get into, not meaning that i would then have to back up the reasons why it was and to set some things right were people didn't no about it. so hopefully this is the end now, cheers:-)

OK it is not in the greatest of condition but I have been out bid on one so many times I dont care I love it LOL

Isle of Man

£1 1983 (Tyvek® 919)

Green/Purple

Treasurer William Dawson

Front Value, Trikelion conjoined on a red shield surmounted by a Crown , EII

Rev Tynwald hill

P38

To view just click the link in my sig

in answer to your question again you are wrong, you can walk into any chase bank in america and sell your dinars right now,and have been able to for over a year also you can go into the bank of america in new york, also you can walk into the halifax in the uk and sell your dinars, so again you are wrong.

about the dong,

Commercial banks now do not have enough VND to buy foreign currencies,

In mid November, the VND/US$ exchange rate offered by Vietcombank HCM City Branch was VND16,100/US$1. People thought that the VND would lose its value against the dollar as they saw in the last years. However, contrary to al predictions, the dollar is losing its value against the VND. On December 22, the bank listed its official exchange rate at VND16,067/US$1, lower the rate quoted in mid November, and lower than the inter-bank rate declared by the State Bank of Vietnam (SBV).

In fact, the dollar purchasing prices offered by commercial banks are calculated by the sum of the inter-bank rate plus 0.25%. The inter-bank exchange rate announced on December 22 was VND16,088/US$1, and the banks could buy dollar at VND16,128/US$1, while they just offered at VND16,067/US$1.

Vietnam banks now only purchase foreign currencies from export companies. As for other clients, who want to sell dollars, the banks delay making deals or lowering the purchasing prices in order to reduce the demand for selling foreign currencies.

The supplies of foreign currencies always increase at the year end, and this also happens this year. Vietnam has exported $36.9bil worth of products so far this year, up by 22.1% over the same period of the last year. Several million US dollars would be remitted by Viet Kieu to their relatives in Vietnam in the pre-Tet months. In addition, the Viet Kieu who return home on Tet will also bring a large sums of dollars with themselves for spending, which will make the dollar supplies profuse.

the demand for selling dollars is increasingly high, while local banks do not have enough VND to buy. Even when banks can arrange enough VND, they still cannot buy as much foreign currencies as they want.

Under the current regulations, the commercial banks only can hold a certain sum of foreign currencies, and they will be punished by SBV, if the foreign currency position in a day exceeds the set level. If the banks buy overly high volumes of foreign currencies, they must sell the exceeded volume to other banks. If they cannot make deals with other commercial banks, the central bank must act as the final buyer of foreign currencies. In the last few days, commercial banks have many times ‘driven through the red lights’, but the central bank has refused to buy the foreign currencies.

Buying foreign currencies or curbing inflation?

Analysts said that the central bank has every reason to refuse to buy foreign currencies at this moment. If it puts more money into circulation, this would leave a hard pressure on inflation that may cause uncontrollable price increases.

the vietnam dong can no longer stay at it's current level against the dollar it either has to re-value or it has to be allowed to trade freely on the world trade market the forex, for the past 30year the goverment has delibrility kept the dong value low but this has now been lifted as the country is growing to big now with exports and the dong is increasing against the dollar everyday so it has to be either re-valued or traded freely on the forex, this is why it is a massive opportunity to invest in the dong as it will shortly wither be traded or re-valued.

---------------

Oh and the reason you'l make a profit is the following, say you purchased 1 million vietnam dong right now which would cost you about £50 pounds, if the vietnam dong re-valued to say, well say just 1 pence that would be £1000 pounds you had made when the dong re-values on your million dong, what a profit, and say it went to 10pence that's £10,000 pounds and say it went to £1 pound, that's 1 million pounds profit, this is how you make a profit.

same goes with the dinar, as i said before 2003 in 2002 1 dinar was worth £2 pounds, right now you can buy 100 x 50dinar for £16.99 for 5000dinar, when dinar re-values say it went back to it's pre war value, that's £10,000 pounds - that's £9,983 pounds profit for spending a little £16.99, dont you think it's worth the risk ??

the last time it happend was when kuwait was invaded in gulf war 1, the kuwaiti dinar de-valued, then the only people that could invest were the american soldiers and when the kuwaiti dinar re-valued those who had invested became millionaires, a proven fact. the kuwait dinar is now worth something like $3 dollar ods were as it was worth nothing during gulf war 1,

the only differance now is the internet is about were it wasn't then and now anyone can get in on it.

I see what you are saying about the possibility of making money off the Dong or Dinar but, when you speak of re-valuing, that has to happen either one of two ways:

- let the currency float against the majors

- a tightly controlled, slow creep upwards, (controlled using pre-planned reserve currency buys, or a combination of that and a other tools)

looking at the VND <-> USD relationship since 05', the currency has pretty much stayed between 15,200 and 16,000, and fluctuates quite a bit:

Average (991 days): 16271.13128

High: 16245.00000

Low: 15005.00000

I'd think in order to make big money, two things have to happen:

- letting the currency float, and then buying up foreign reserves or funnel in foreign investment

- increases in consumer confidence (at home and abroad)

The one wild card I think everyone here in the US is forgetting is the inflation. After all, there is a reason the Fed stopped publishing M3. The money supply is increasing now about 15% a year, and Dong owners might benefit from the slide of the US dollar. Personally, if you're keen in holding the value of some of your dollars, it might be better to use metals, or Swiss Francs/Euro to keep the nominal value of your dollar, but so long as the VCB is sensitive to the dropping value of the dollar, you might just see a modest increase in the exchange rate, and profit if you hold enough Dong. SM98 has a point about revaluation, as well. If the dong were revalued (say, dropping 4 zeros), my brick of 1,000,000 VND just became 100 VND, and is worth the same. (see also: Romania, Turkey, and Ghana). If anything, a revaluation would be bad, because that would force me to sell my bundle of VND before the window of exchange closes on the old VND, possibly in a bad climate (losing money) or forcing you to travel there to exchange (central bank exchanges only).

I personally believe that bundle investing works in economies of scale. If I have a 5000 dinar bundle worth 3.00, and the exchange rate changes from 1500/1 to 1495/1, my bundle of dinar has not increased significantly. However, if I owned 1000 of those 5000 dinar bundles, I would see a modest increase in my holdings. In the case of the dinar though, i'd be willing to be my silver reserves that as soon as we leave Iraq, and and all vestiges of US involvement will be purged, including the US Dinars.

just my .02

as i said before in my previous posting i was hopeing all this was finished now, and i'm not takeing it any further, i could go on and on all day trying to back up the 2 currencys but i'm stopping, i've said my peace, if you dont think investing would be a good thing, then cool no problem, i'm not saying you should do it anyway, but all i did say was if you wanted any notes then let me no wether that was 1 note or a bundle of notes.

it's upto you to reasearch the possibiltys for investment yourself. but put it this way, do you think all these companies and goverments and banks and finance houses around the world are pumping all this money into vietnam and iraq for no reason, nope of course not, there doing it to make money when the currency re-values :ninja: all i said at the end of the day was it was a good idea to get into it, it's upto you if you then want to, cheers guys. ;)

OK guys bacvk on topic LOL got these two today ;) And I have the second sig version of the Mexican 20 pesos on the way as well :ninja:

Mexico Polymer

20P 2003

Blue/Terracotta

Chief Cashier Maria E H H Barba

Deputy Governor Guillermo G García

Front See through window with the #20, Coat of Arms, Benito Juarez

Rev Monument to Benito Juarez

Series V

P116

Romania

10 Lei 2005 Polymer

Multi

Bank Governor M C Isarescu

Chief Cashier I Nitu

Front Hollyhock & Paintbrush, Painter Nicolae Grigorescu 1838/1907

Rev Country house & Painting the 'Rodica'

P119

Hope that you like them as much as I do ;) to view them just click on the link in my sig ;)

Just arrived today two more Mexican 20p notes I like the design on the revese of the new note much more than what was on the old :ninja:

Mexico Polymer

20P 29 Mar 06

Blue/Terracotta

Chief Cashier Valdes Ramons

Member of the Board Jesús Marcos Yacamán

Front See through window with the #20, Coat of Arms, Benito Juarez

Rev Monument to Benito Juarez

Series Y

P116

20p 19 Jun 06

Blue/Green/Purple

Chief Cashier Valdes Ramons

Member of the Board Guillermo Ortíz Martínez

Front See through window with the #20, Scales of Justice & Book, Benito Juarez

Rev Aztec ruins at Cocijo

Series A

To view just click on the link in my sig ;)

For some reason I seem to find these quite hard to come by ;) could it be I am not alone in my obsession LOL

Chatham Island

$2 1999 Polymer

Front map of Chatham Islands, Value, Taiko bird, Hologram at lower left

Rev Crayfish and the sea, Black robin

Gold seal, series 2

Hope that you all like it :ninja:

• 2 weeks later...

Three more to add to the rosta today including a rather nice Australian $10 ;) & a first from Guatemala :ninja:

Australia

$10 1998 Polymer

Blue/Green

Governor Ian Macfarlane

Sec Treasury Ted Evans

Front Man on horseback herding horses, A B Banjo Patterson

Rev

Horse & dray, Two portraits of Dame Mary Gilmore (Old & Young) Extract from one of her poems)

P52b

Brunei

5R 1996 Polymer

Green

Sultans Signature Bolkiah

Front Pitcher plant , Sultan Haji H B M Waddaulah

Rev Rainforest floor

P23

Guatemala

1 Quetzal 20 Aug 07 Polymer

Green

Front General J M Orellana, President 1921-1926, founder of the Quetzal currency

Rev Banco de Guatemala, Coat of Arms

To view please just click on the link in my sig, I hope that you like them ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Just added these :ninja:

Brunei

10R 1998 (Reissue)

Reddish Brown

Sultans Signature Bolkiah

Front Purple leafed forest yam , Sultan Haji H B M Waddaulah

Rev Rainforest Canopy

P24

Viet Nam

50000D 2006

Purple/Blue