CoinPeople.com

Guess what's going to come

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh dear, looks like some geography and maths class will help ;)

BigM, since when Egypt is part of Asia or Europe? ;)

and Dustin, I think 2003 is after 2000? :ninja:

And one last major hint: Check out Tiff's collection at omnicoin - it's under one of her favourites. It pays to know her well.

Geez looks like I'll have to describe the elements of the art piece if this is not going to work out ;)

my guess for tomarrow is am1977 International Society of Postmasters Official Commemorative Silver Proof Medal. Commemorating Czechoslovakian Folk Costumes. It came with a specimen of the official stamp released in Czechoslovakia eh prolly not it lol

I was thinking of that one as well, but this already exists in Omnicoin. I am confused about the Tiff hint. Is the coin in Omnicoin then or what? And who is Tiff? I guess not knowing that person reduces my chances. The only other coin I have in my mind is the 1996 2000 pesetas piece commemorating the Maja by Goya. Unfortunately I don't know how to connect it with a season and the one of the two dates is before 1800.

I really went through Krause today... from A to M and found nothing besides the coins already mentioned. My eyes probably didn't register it after the first 50 pages. I guess I will have to give up after four days of intense thinking and searching. :ninja:;)

EDIT: Aaaah, you mean Tiffibunny, right?

I'm guessing it's a 1968 50 korun from the Czech Republic, commemorating the 50th anniversary of Czechoslovakia & the 20th anniversary of the People's Republic.

It has 1918-1968 on one side and 1948-1968 on the other, and I think the weight falls in your range (I just returned the 20th century Krause to the library for the 235th time... :ninja:). This may be a crazy stretch, but the woman on the obverse could be a version of the one in Alphonse Mucha's painting "Summer."

Insomnia strikes again!

Ah! Thank you for the clarification.

You mean, mean, mean competition creator!

:ninja:

EDIT:

Aaaaaah, is it the French 10 Franc from 1996 with the Goya Maja Vestida on it?? Still don't know why it would relate to a season, but I am grabbing at straws after all. ;)

Edit 2:

Well, it can't be, as it doesn't have two dates.

Archived