CoinPeople.com

George V constabulary medal

Last week I managed to get my hands on this faithful service constabulary medal from the time of George the V.

MedalConstabularyO.jpgMedalConstabularyR.jpg

I would have two questions. How can I find out when the medal was handed to Mr. Herbert Tyson and what storage possibilities do I have for such a medal? Anything would be interesting. From frames to boxes... just as long I can find it online and it allows me to display it.

That's a great medal. There are quite a few places that sell jewelry display boxes/cases. Perhaps that would suit you for displaying your medal.

Oh, didn't think about jewelry display boxes. I have been trying to find wooden frames for medals on google, but the German search wasn't much help. Lindner offers boxes that can hold more than one medal, but I am not planing on buying more than this. Coins take up enough energy and money as it is. :ninja: Thank you, you two.

One question still... Would it be a stretch to include this kind of medal to my omnicoin collection? I am not sure whether or not it is properly considered an exonumia item.

I'd say no stretch at all. It's a perfect example of exonumia. (It's also one great looking medal, and it has significant historical value.)

Great. Then I will include it today. Now if only I could find out when Herbert Tyson got this...

I'm sure there are some records somewhere that would indicate that. You may be able to find the medals in a book or website that would at least narrow the range of years that particular design was used.

Well, following the advice from a medal forum I tried the 1901census site, but to no avail. According to the seller this medal is not researched, unfortunately. But I will not give up. As soon as I have some more time, I will find out when Mr. Tyson was awarded. :ninja: