CoinPeople.com

Vintage Toy Collector with a few coins :)

As the title says I am really a vintage toy collector, but I have a few coins (mostly my grandfathers; no one else seemed to want them when he passed). I was hoping to get to know a bit more about them here, and I will most likely sell them, although I doubt they are worth much. (And yes, I saw the rules regarding selling items here, must be a member for 30 days and have 25 posts; I do also have a great deal of positive feedback on Ebay and on vintage toy forums as well, so no worries there.)

A bit more about me: I'm a 23 year old college student at George Mason University, currently finishing up my BS in Biology. I collect mostly My Little Ponies (check out mlparena.com), but also Care Bears and Rainbow Brite toys, so if you have any of those and want any info or are looking to sell them feel free to message me :ninja: I'm also into the punk/indie music scene, play a little guitar, and enjoy older video game consoles, like NES, SNES and Sega Genesis. Not sure what else to say about me, but if you have any questions please ask!

I look forward to getting to know you all here on the message boards!

Welcome to CoinPeople. I've always like the old toy banks but never got around to making a collection of them -- not enough room or $$$$$$$$$. I hope that you enjoy it here.

Welcome! I have a lot of old Star Wars toys that I saved from my childhood, but I honestly can't say that I actively collect them now, they mostly collect dust. Ask all the questions you want about your coins, I am sure you will find a lot of good information here!

Hello and welcome!!! Whenever you are ready make a post about the coins you would like to know about. If you can it would be helpful to also post pictures, with your questions.

Welcome!

Collecting seems to be a problem most of us here have.

I was an avid Batman collector. There must be several thousand Bat things stored in my garage... and now I have several thousand Lincoln cents. Aarrgghh! Can't seem to win. At least the coins take up less room.

Good luck!

Corky

i have some old cast iron trucks from my great great grandpa.. and love the Sega Genesis i used to play that in kindergarden and played it with my right foot and left arm when i broke my right arm hehe..

yes yes i broke his arm ;) ;) or maybe it was a french guy who dustin robbed ;)!!!! ok ill keep quite now ;)

haha no i was playing superman and i jumped off of the couch and landed on a little toy truck lol and im no robber i just borrowed the money.. :ninja:

xD lol so far niether me or my bro an sis broke somethin :ninja: thnk god xD but i think thats cause my dad did all the breaking for us ;) (his legs his arms his toes when he was small (not all together ofc xD) ;) his back when he was at work ;) (he got a plastic disk or somethin an now he is ok ;) happ before i was born by 2 yrs :D ) an i think also when he was training martial arts :D before )

• 1 month later...

Archived