CoinPeople.com

Doesn't PCI run sometime around this year?

gxseries

For those who are new here, PCI is a coin competition like Popular Idol except it's a numismatic version where people get to vote whose coins look the best.

Since this was run by Aetheling last year - he kinda disappeared didn't he, he knows the rules much better although I did give him a helping hand. Anyone remembered when it was organized?

Let's make this another success :ninja:

Unfortunately a lot of the people that were strong proponents of PCI, and PBI are AWOL at present. Even getting people for the Shortsnorter 2007 was a bit of a pull and push, a lot of the previous regulars have moved on to other interests at present ie digitalphotopeople.com etc. I even find myself finding more on topic stuff over on other forums lately.

It would be a darn shame if it can't be run this year simply because of lack of old members being AWOL. I personally don't mind running it - just a matter of when we can fit the schedule. :ninja:

I can help run it too. Though i get lazy at times as you can see with the Ugly Banknote comp...

I'd suggest starting the collection process in the beginning of Sept. That would let everyone recover from Summer and Vacations before the contest begins.

I'd suggest starting the collection process in the beginning of Sept. That would let everyone recover from Summer and Vacations before the contest begins.

Yes good idea Art and I agree with you Scottishmoney "Summer is just not a good time to do PCI's ".

Excellent. Great idea Art. And yes just in case if anyone else is wondering, it's pretty cold here. It might be hot summer elsewhere but being at the downunder honestly sucks as I have to think in reverse :ninja:

Ah! But as I recall Sept & Oct are usually nice in both hemispheres.

Sylvester/Aetheling/PCIGuy was running it, then he dropped off the face of the earth again. I think I won the PCI in 2005 with the Athenian Tetradrachm, I will have to look at the prize again to see. The prize was a new 2005 Silver Onza from Mejico with the Angel of Liberty and she had voluminous cleavage. :ninja:

I don't know anything about that contest but if there was one I'd surely check it out. It would be a fun thing to see. I'd never try out for it since I never take photos of coins so if I had to show one I just wouldn't have a photo to use. Odd thing is I have about 25 cameras and just never take photos of coins. Guess a contest where needed may be an insperation to do that.

• 1 month later...

Archived