CoinPeople.com

Set Completed !

Mila_cent

Hi all,

Just thought I'd announced my completion of my Dansco Album for the Jefferson nickles !

;):ninja:

It was buy roll searching, purchased, traded or given to me. I started this album around the same time as the Lincoln's and I'm still working on these. The only year I have not come across with are the 2007 nickles. But I am pretty happy with the results.

mila_ cent

I gotta ask: What coin was the hardest to find in an acceptable condition? What's next for that particular collection (upgrades? varieties?)? What series is next?

Congrats, it's a great set, the nickels were the first set I completed as well! I was gungho about finishing all the modern sets, then I ran outa money, and into the 32-D and S Washingtons, and 09-S, 09-S vdb, 14-D, and 31-S Lincolns....Lol, oh well, I'll get'm eventually. Keep it up Mila, I suggest the Rosey dimes next, they were my second set, and other than the cost of silver, are fairly easy to complete.

Congrats on the set! I remember when I completed mine back in the mid-80s, I think the only ones I bought were the 50-D and the 38-D and S, everything else was from circulation. Since then I added all the modern proofs, so those I bought. It's a really fun set to complete and one where you can still find most in circulation if you're patient!

Congratulations fella, you can mark this down to a successful start in coin collecting and now be thinking of what is next. Vfox had a good idea when he said 'start on the dimes next'. A very interesting series and one that can only get better with time.

Again, nice going on your success.

Thanks guys's and gals ! I was so excited when I completed the album.

As for upgrading to better, I don't think so. I'm pretty pleased with the way they are COMPLETED (with the exception of the 2007's) which I was going for. But them again you never know...maybe :ninja:

I haven't even begun on the Roosie's but have started on Kennedy's, Ike's, 50 states quarters..a little here and a little there. My main concern are the Linclon's, of course the key dates would be the last find since these would be a bit more to purchase unless it comes my way unexpectly. ;)

I've recently became interested in polymer banknotes and I'm trying to get all that is out there..slowly..but surely.

Again Thanks,

mila_

Hi all,

Just thought I'd announced my completion of my Dansco Album for the Jefferson nickles !

;):ninja:

It was buy roll searching, purchased, traded or given to me. I started this album around the same time as the Lincoln's and I'm still working on these. The only year I have not come across with are the 2007 nickles. But I am pretty happy with the results.

mila_ cent

Congrats. I've completed that set, first in circ, than I upgraded to UNC. It's a fun and interesting series with many varieties.

Well done!

Congradulations. Now here is something you may want to try but you sound like you won't. Get another Nickel Album. As you acquire new Nickels put the best in set #1 moving the lesser one to set #2. As that fills up do the same for a set #3. Eventually you'll have a fantastic set #1 and many, many sets after that. I do that with all my sets. I am now up to 97 Whitman Albums. A dealer at a coin show I frequent told me he has lots of used Whitman Albums and I can have as many as I want free. So I made a list and at the next show, hopefully, he will have about 10 more for me to start. I just want to break the 100 Album mark.

Congrats. I've completed that set, first in circ, than I upgraded to UNC. It's a fun and interesting series with many varieties.

Well done!

I've done the same. The circ set only required a few purchases and trades to complete. The UNC set, however, is quite a different story. While many of the Jeffs are considered plentiful in GEM condition == buying them, unslabbed, is a different matter. It takes a lot of looking. (I don't like many of the "toned" war nickels and certainly don't like the dipped versions either.)

Archived