CoinPeople.com

Morgan Dollar

Mortyr2012

Nice coin - without a whole lot of thinking, I would say an AU50. Doesn't seem to have much luster. But it doesn't seem to have much wear either - I remember that the branch mints typically had some weak strikes so that's what I am attributing the lack of breast feather detail and some of the detail in the hair behind her ear.

Well, I haven't bought the coin yet, but I'm sure I'll do so. I really want to buy this beauty and needed some help concerning the condition, so now I can just hope the coin will be sold to me :ninja: syzygy, I share your opinion, with the hair behind her ear, that was one of the first "worn" places on the coin, but all in all, it wouldn't be that bad to own this one .

Thanks once more!

Marvin

Nice original tone. :ninja: And looks like a round O mint mark. You might check it over if you get it.

Ouch.. seems like there are dozens of varities.. for example, what does all those expressions like "VAM" means? And the Red Book has no values for a 1884 round O mintmark.. I believe I just finish my collection since 1950 including Proofs. after that, I'll need to get better books about US-coinage..

Ouch.. seems like there are dozens of varities.. for example, what does all those expressions like "VAM" means? And the Red Book has no values for a 1884 round O mintmark.. I believe I just finish my collection since 1950 including Proofs. after that, I'll need to get better books about US-coinage..

Yep, and it will drive you crazy trying to ID some of them. A lot of times it does not pay off. I.E. it does not add value, even if it is something other then a vam 1, (The main or standard coin die marriage.) but it is a learning experience. Last nite it "paid off" even though I'm not selling. I found another higher value morgan "Hot 50" in my collection. I had not spotted it before. Id'ing it added to the worth of the coin. Not a whole lot but it did. 1880 s

VAM comes from the last names of the authors on a book categorizing morgan dollar varieties. Leroy Van Allen and A. George Mallis.

6.6 euros is an excellent price! That is $1 less than melt!

I tried to bid 10 Euros but she didn't want me to pay so much for them.. Well... Ok :ninja:

I bought 3 coins... for 6,60 Euro it's always good to buy some ..

unbenannt01rb5.jpg

• 3 months later...

Archived