CoinPeople.com

Bimetallic coins

Mortyr2012

Hi gang!

I found the following link to a data base of Bimetallic coins... I hope there is no other thread concerning those coins, but here is the link. Unfortunately it's only in German now, but I read that an English version of the homepage is planned.. so here is the link to the data base. It's still in work, but if you've got informations or pictures this data base will grow..

http://www.bimetallmuenzen.de/

*Marvin

There's an English list constantly updated through the World Bi-Metallic Collectors Club.

http://wbcc-online.com/

Yes, great site. The "problem" with that directory, however, is that it covers many bi-met issues - coins, medals, tokens, fantasy pieces. A very comprehensive list, but not that helpful if you search for bimetallic coins only.

Christian

Yes, great site. The "problem" with that directory, however, is that it covers many bi-met issues - coins, medals, tokens, fantasy pieces. A very comprehensive list, but not that helpful if you search for bimetallic coins only.

Christian

The coins are in one database, while the tokens are in another, so I don't find it all that problematic. What I have a problem with is just the sheer number of them. There's no way I could ever hope to keep up and collect them all! On the other hand, I have found the German site to be missing some coins as well, although with my limited German, it does look to be very well done. I would agree that the "ideal" would be somewhere in between the two, but I'm too lazy to reinvent the wheel. LOL

I contacted the Admin of the homepage yesterday and asked him, why there's no English part of the forum.. so now there is one.. He wanted me to tell you, that you can get registred there and can upload pictures of missing Bimetallic coins there.. but you can also do it here and I'll send him the pictures, etc.

In his eyes it should be a database where everybody is asked to help a little bit, maybe he'll answer here one day, I don't know whether he speaks English or not..

Marvin

Archived