CoinPeople.com

2007 Sac's

Brett

Well so far as reported they have produced 340 million Washington dollars and 224 million Adams, for a total of 564 million. If they are suppose to make a Sac for every 3 Presidential dollars then they currently need to mint 188 million Sacs. So far they have only minted 7.5 million. And those 7.5 million were sold through the mint.

I thought the law specified that for every 3 presidential dollars struck, 1 Sac had to be struck.

"Beginning January 1, 2007, and ending upon the termination of the program under paragraph (8), the Secretary annually shall mint and issue such `Sacagawea-design' $1 coins for circulation in quantities of no less than 1/3 of the total $1 coins minted and issued under this subsection.'.

I'm surprised someone hasn't put alot more pressure (or created a bill) to Congress, to have this part of the Presidential Coin Act "adjusted"

Seems like a giant waste of time and money to strike all those useless dollars

Your mostly correct. Its one Sackie for every two president coins. "no less than 1/3 of the total $1 coins minted ".

The mint needs to get on its horse if its going to make the more than 400 million Sackies the law requires.

As for a bill in congress, there is one. A section of the S585, the bill to redesign the Sackie reverse, decreases the requirment to 20%. Still a lot of coins.

Your mostly correct. Its one Sackie for every two president coins. "no less than 1/3 of the total $1 coins minted ".

The mint needs to get on its horse if its going to make the more than 400 million Sackies the law requires.

As for a bill in congress, there is one. A section of the S585, the bill to redesign the Sackie reverse, decreases the requirment to 20%. Still a lot of coins.

I remember our discussions when this first came out and it still amazes me because it seems like the law is to make (not release into circulation) something that is entirely uneccessary.

Well, they're widely used in Ecuador... (which I believe has its currency pegged to the dollar). They seem to love em down there. I'm sure they'd be happy to have some fresh ones! :ninja:

There was a production bump in the Philly 2006 dollar coins,about 2 million extra. I think they were replacement coins for Equador.

2003 P 3.0 M

2003 D 3.0 M

2004 P 2.6 M

2004 D 2.6 M

2005 P 2.5 M

2005 D 2.5 M

2006 P 4.9 M

2006 D 2.8 M

That should make the worth keeping. I really didnt collect the Sacs. but I think I'm going to save some of the2007's. I have maybe 10 Sac's right now. 2000,2001,2002,2003. Just those dates.

Archived