CoinPeople.com

Interesting banknote finds!

Vfox

Okay, this should be a thread for all the oddities and interesting things you've all found in the currency you have in your wallet and in your collection!

To start things off, I had a heck of a night! A friend called me from work saying two elderly customers spend some odd looking money. So I went to check it out, and they certainly did spend some neat stuff!)

Two silver certs from 1935 that were 3 away from each other in number (no doubt she had the others somewhere, and I wish I could find her again to ask!)

6f9b1gg.jpg

A miscut 1988 $1 note, seems to be fine on the reverse.

68a0uj4.jpg

And a stack of 20 crisp unc 1985 $1 notes.....But, they appear to be miscut and from the same sequence, when I checked the plates, they all had the same. I guess they cut apart a sheet of bills, and poorly at that! Hah.

677nvco.jpg

4tiy2z7.jpg

my mom brought me home a 5 dollor silver certificate its serial is A09992642A series 1953 and the number on the back is 2097 its pretty crumpled and has some rust freckles worth more than 5 bucks??

Anyway silver cert is worth at least a quarter more than face, regardless of it's condition. Fives maybe a little more, but probably not by too much.

nice notes ;) but i got somethin diff :ninja: the new 50 saudi riyals the new note looks way better then the old 1 but still has their kings face on it x< (bumer) an also as the watermark its his pic :/ but still more flashy an nicer lookin then the old 1 ;) i saw the cashier from baskin robins take the holder thing of em so im guessing they fresh from the bank ;) hmm took it out for retirement on its first day ;)

Siblings and coin collecting often conflict. My brother lifted my wheat cents and blew them at the store for some stupid plastic zoo set.

well i nearly strangled him.... i think he learned his lesson hehe

nice notes ;) but i got somethin diff :ninja: the new 50 saudi riyals the new note looks way better then the old 1 but still has their kings face on it x< (bumer) an also as the watermark its his pic :/ but still more flashy an nicer lookin then the old 1 ;) i saw the cashier from baskin robins take the holder thing of em so im guessing they fresh from the bank ;) hmm took it out for retirement on its first day ;)

They should have never done away with their rule about graven images of people - especially when it comes to money.

905955A.jpg

905955B.jpg

I have had this a long time, have no idea how I got it, other than that at various times I have known of people living in Saudi Arabia that probably brought it back for me sometime.

the 20 bills that are cut poorly..... do you think it might be from a sheet that was cut up??? one thing i have noticed is that any sheet i have has had the first 3 or 4 numbers as "9"

I'm 100% certain it's a cut up sheep, the cuts match up, lol. :ninja:

Btw Grant, someone will surely buy those, even though SC don't bring a huge premium, they are still collectable to most everyone. And anyone just starting a currency collection loves those things! (Even ones who have been at it for years, lol) ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I had a HUGE haul today, I found my second web press, this time the elusive 1988-A! A load of nice uncs, a few nicer circ old notes, and my very first found repeater! I am a happy little fox today!

6gy6690.jpg

6ce3tya.jpg

4kp97xu.jpg

6ailmrl.jpg

52po6mc.jpg

4oswn5e.jpg

nice finds !!!! :D

Siblings and coin collecting often conflict.

eheh i have 1 bro an 1 sis im the youngest so they can rip me off anytime ^_^ but weird thing is they nvr touch my coin collection :D!!!! im greatfull for that xD but my mp3 got opened for no apparent reason >_> an my old disc man (not that i use it anymore) has gone missing >_> an my mobiles credit needs refilling >_> i think brother opened my mp3 an broke it >_> (he likes opening computers an stuff ...studying IT or programming at uni not sure xD not that close ^_^ keep us in a room for 1 day an you will see 1 of us dead the next day ;) eheheh i think it has something 2 do with when i was a kid an stole his stuff :ninja: ) an my sis stole the other stuff an used up all my phone credit >_> grr!!!! ;)

They should have never done away with their rule about graven images of people - especially when it comes to money.

grrr they selfish .... who names a country after their family name >_> an after that stick their not so nice looking faces on every bank note >_> gahhh EVEN THE WATERMARKS!!!!! i mean ok the faces i get but also water marks xD lol an every banknote!!!! we only got the pic of our king on a bd20 banknote :D which is nice actually since atleast he doesnt make the water mark his face also an the face on it isnt taking up 1/2 the banknote!!!!! ......hmm i wonder if i got a country will i name it fikria (family name is fikri) ^_^ lol ;) will u guys name it after your names ??? ;)

Archived