CoinPeople.com

Pretty Coin Picture Thread

Guest Stujoe

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RGT, if you attach the images instead of embedding them in your post, it's up to the viewer to download it or not. you get a small thumbnail at the bottom of your post and clicking that will bring up the original image.

Let's see how this works. Since the pictures are already hosted, I need to download them to my computer first, then upload them to be hosted here. That sure seems like a waste of time, bandwidth and storage.

I live in a rural area and was on dialup for several years so I know what it's like. I still feel that anyone on dialup that opens a post called "picture thread" has to expect some delays.

Thanks for the tip, though I'm not sure how much I will bother posting images here. This is the first thread I've posted to since this place came back online.

1917_WLH.jpg

Ooh, Jeggy, you have awesome coins!

The paradice-bird on the obverse of the Neu Guinea mark would definately be nice to see :ninja:

Wow, that's a very nice Walker you have there, RGT.

I wasn't critisizing your posting here, RGT, just pointing out another feature, which you might not know yet, since you're just new here.

I'm sorry if you took it the wrong way. The only comment directed at you was the last part where I said "thanks".

Now tell me what the 500K limit is for. Is that per post, per thread or does your computer self destruct when you exceed that limit?

Ooh, Jeggy, you have awesome coins!

The paradice-bird on the obverse of the Neu Guinea mark would definately be nice to see

Here are some scans of this coin:

http://www.demo-portal.de/div/1894_0.5Mark_av.jpg

http://www.demo-portal.de/div/1894_0.5Mark_rv.jpg

jeggy

The poor pictures on cataloques are nothing compared to these beautifull large scans! That must be the most beautifull coin I've ever seen.

;):ninja:

OK, not sure this belongs with all these fantastic high grades, but... I saw several of these trade dollars over the weekend, and had to have one. It has a lot going for it to be considered for inclusion in this august group. Nice devices on the obverse. Great ornate symmetry. Has some rather unusual aspects also...It's a "dollar" denomination from Great Britain...as Chinese characters and Malay script on the reverse...minted in India.

I like them!

900724.jpg