CoinPeople.com

Pretty Coin Picture Thread

Guest Stujoe

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gold is certainly my least favorite coin metal of the big four (Copper, Silver, Nickel and Gold) but I do love that design. And any nice, brown, copper coin is automatically pretty. I'd be a fan of the Shriver commem if I could find a nice EF copper one. :ninja:

Nickel's my least favourite of those four. Copper is in third.

As for gold and silver i like them about the same. I like gold cos well it's a one of a kind metal, alot of metals are 'silver'. But i like silver because it's got a nice ring to it. Actually if you drop a gold coin from a height you'll notice it sounds similar.

Tin's my favourite. Tin coins are out of this world! ;)

Great coins and great pics. I certainly wish I had the capability to take pics like that. Thanks for sharing. I'd love to have either coin, but the 2 center would be my first choice.

:ninja:

Oh my God that is hideous. What has that Liberty been smoking? She looks like she should go into rehab. And the hair! Member of the Addams family?

I thought the Sac was bad but not after seeing that.

Now now now Aetheling...

Not nice casting stones across the pond at American coinage.

I believe you Brits have minted a dreaded coin or two in your day...

Say anything with old bug eyes George the 3rd cursed enough to have him on the Obverse, or what was the name of that other chap... Oh yes, Winston. I think you call them Churchills.

Remember, stone chucking in not a family value :ninja:

Now now now Aetheling...

Not nice casting stones across the pond at American coinage.

I believe you Brits have minted a dreaded coin or two in your day...

Say anything with old bug eyes George the 3rd cursed enough to have him on the Obverse, or what was the name of that other chap... Oh yes, Winston. I think you call them Churchills.

Remember, stone chucking in not a family value  :ninja:

But you'll note i don't collect that junk. Churchill's are hideous and should never have been minted.

As for the George III post 1816 stuff that's the work of Bendetto Pistrucci so what do you expect? He was less interested in making the design nice, but he was more interested in making it striking. He often went over the top with things. If he were alive now he'd probably be one of the minimalist modern 'artists' that chuck a pile of stones in the centre of the flor and call it artistic expression. I call it a pile of stones whichever way you look at it.

If you think his George III stuff is hideous you should sample some of his other work, namely a certain George IV farthing.

I'm also not keen on any of the obverse of British coinge issued since 1985, i hate the 5p, the reverse commemoratives are forced and are total drivel. Did you see that stupid 2002 £5 coin? A child of 7 could have drawn that and submitted it.

Then there was that Cordial Entende £5 coin for 2004 another pile of trash.

Wreath reverse crowns are naff, as is most of the coinage produced since the mid 1920s. The Edward VII and George V obverses aren't all that great either, they are a graders worst nightmare.

The 1977 crown was particularly bad too. Anything else i forget? Oh yeah Henry VIII old head coinage and Edward VI base issue coinages are pretty nasty in the scheme of things.

Most of the other modern British coins i'm luke warm to. So i think the Brits are rivaling the Usians for crap designs. Although let it be noted we haven't gone to spaghetti hair just yet.

You people need to learn to take pics big enough to look at

Which goes down well with us dialuppers. You're pictures are too large for my connection to cope with. I couldn't even wait for the proper "quote" button to load. Well i'm not waiting 10 minutes.

Which goes down well with us dialuppers. You're pictures are too large for my connection to cope with. I couldn't even wait for the proper "quote" button to load. Well i'm not waiting 10 minutes.

I am on ADSL but because of room restrictions my screen is only 15 inch

so with favourites open I only see three quaters of the coin

and scrolling keeps it at another three quarters :ninja: