CoinPeople.com

1899o VAM6

I sent this to ANACS. The o mintmark is slanted. Die clash marks right of neck between wing. What is your opinion?

926841.jpg

926843.jpg

926842.jpg

I sent this to ANACS. The o mintmark is slanted. What is your opinion?

One more pic. Right of neck between neck and wing.

926840.jpg

I found my vam 6 micro O and took this pic... and I was wrong about the micro O it has a perfect oval in the center... not boxy... I had them backwards hahaha...

4yhdeg4.jpg

I have a couple of these coins. Here is more pics. What about these? They all have the die polishing marks between the right base of the neck and the wing. THANKYOU all for you infomation.

Sorry the picture will not fit. It is at the top of my collection on OMNICOIN. Please let me know what you think.

i don't believe that the first coin on your omni coin is the vam 6...

Do you think its a micro o????

This mint mark is almost round and does not have the taller oval shape seen on most other Morgan dollars. For an unknown reason, this smaller mint mark punch made for the Barber quarter was used on a few Morgan dies. Today, five different 1899 reverse dies are known to have Micro-O reverses. Of particular note is that one of the 1899 Micro-O reverses, VAM 6, was used as the master to create counterfeit dollars with Micro-O reverses dated 1896, 1900 and 1902.*

When they say this do they mean the inside of the mintmark or the outside???Micro O Compared to a Normal O

that refers to the outside....from the pictures its hard to tell... but they do seem to have an oval center. let me see if i can shoot a better pic of mine...

Great because all of mine are complete circles. I sent them to ANACS wish me luck. I dont care what VAM they are aslong as they are micro O's. Your comments have been helpful and I really appreciate it. I am 27 and I started collecting when I was young. In the past year I have really started back collecting. I have bought tons of coins in the past year, so much I wouldn't consider the coins I collected when I was young collecting( silver quarters and Buffalo nickels and wheat pennies ) I know I have alot to learn. I have bought several books. I just subscribed to coin world.

My pics really dont look like any of those. Some of mine are set way left and slanted right. Just wish me Luck!!! I sent them to ANACS maybe I will get some good news from them.

VAM 6: Begin with the obverse of the coin and check the date position. The only 1899 Micro-O with a near date is VAM 6. Figure 2 illustrates the date position for VAM 6 where the left edge of the bottom of the 1 is aligned over a denticle gap. All other Micro-O coins have a date alignment where the right edge of the 1 is aligned over the center of a denticle as shown in [Figure 3]. If you have a near date, your coin is a VAM-6, verify that the attribution by checking for a unique die polishing line between the eagle’s neck and the wing as illustrated in figure 4. VAM-6 also has slight doubling that can be seen on high grade examples at the base of the ear and at the right inside of the ear.

** If the coin has Die polishing lines between the nack and the wing does this mean it is a Micro o???????? As stated above?????**

Ok thanks. I hope ANACS will give me some great news. I will let everyone know what they say when I get It back. I sent it overnite. They received it Friday. I got the 5 day service on one coin(1899o) . Economy on the 2 cent piece and the 4 morgans(3 1899o, 1 1903). So maybe I will get it back the week after next. The 5 coins I sent at the economy rate, I will get those back in 3 1/2 weeks or so.

BTW have you looked at this page? Its the 1899-O Micro O Attribution Guide at vamworld.

Figure 3 and 4 look like mine. And figure1. I hope I get my coins back so I will know for sure. I hope I get great news, because these coins are in great shape. MS-63

Archived