CoinPeople.com

2007-P Dime: Stages of die breakdown

Vfox

I got a roll of 2007-P dimes from work, and I found half a dozen with a sun burst around rosey's head, and then I started seeing little die chips/cuds on this hair. And finally I found 4 with a little knot on the back of his head, like a tiny dunce cap, lol.

Anyway, I've tried to figure it out with the coins from that roll, and I think I found two to three different stages of die breakdown resulting in cracks, cuds, and laminations. If anyone else has any info on this, I'd appreciate it, but this is what I got.

Pics start with stage 1 of the breakdown with a die crack in his hair, and the "sun burst appearance".

4pkotgx.jpg

Stage 2 has some cuds and the start of the dunce cap and lamination.

535vv5g.jpg

66xloch.jpg

And finally stage 3 with a nice sized lamination and cuds abound. The reverse also has cuds before the fire of the torch from stage 1 and growing to the size of the ones on his head with stage 3.

4qocxdy.jpg

664m078.jpg

4v5gzkz.jpg

If I'm wrong on this, please help me out here! :ninja: Still neat regardless though.

Yes, I am going to purchase more from the same lot when I get a chance, we got a few hundred dollars worth in at work. The bad part is they only let me buy a roll or two before I am cut off because of the trouble of getting more for work.

Yes, I am going to purchase more from the same lot when I get a chance, we got a few hundred dollars worth in at work. The bad part is they only let me buy a roll or two before I am cut off because of the trouble of getting more for work.

may i ask were u work??

I work at a grocery store called Giant. I work with the money, and tell the cashiers what to do. I'm a low end manager of sorts, meh. The best part of my job is searching through the money, and since I have 14 registers with anywhere from $300-$6,000 in them, I have plenty to look at.

Actually the perfect job for me would be a cataloger or sales rep. for Heritage Auction Galleries, pocket change is fun, but I'm more interested in research regarding older coins, actually putting together those awesome looking auction catalogs, or dealing 1 on 1 with a customer interested in buying or selling.

When I worked at White Castle they yelled at me when I put removed proofs and foreign coins (never found any silver) and put them in a separate drawer. Drove them crazy!

Fascinating find, though. Would be a really cool museum piece if you can find really advanced stages.

I had a paper route in the mid-70's, and I cry when I think of what went through my hands back then. There were still plenty of Mercury dimes along with other silver coins, and old silver certificate bills, and early wheaties and the occasional buffalo of a Franklin half. None of it i saved. Ah, "si jeunesse savait, si vieillesse pouvait"... if I only knew then what I know now.

I had a paper route in the mid-70's, and I cry when I think of what went through my hands back then. There were still plenty of Mercury dimes along with other silver coins, and old silver certificate bills, and early wheaties and the occasional buffalo of a Franklin half. None of it i saved. Ah, "si jeunesse savait, si vieillesse pouvait"... if I only knew then what I know now.

i know!!! wish lived back then id be super rich now!!!!

eheheh im gonna study accounts an financing in uni after 2 yrs (i wanted software developer but my bro does that an my mum said take something else >_< xD this was second best for me since im good at accounts ;) ) eheheh working counting money an keeping records of money transactions an such but most imp is ...it involves money!!!! xD

even though i dont get to touch the money only recored the transactions an stuff atleast accounts an financing gives a really good pay (an plus i wont live in bahrain cause im studying a lvls to go to uk for uni with my cuzin who is their now for business managment an uk has better coin shops ;)!!) thus increasing my coin collection muahahaha (an from their i can launch my attack on dustin via laser from outter space :ninja:!!!)

eheheh im gonna study accounts an financing in uni after 2 yrs (i wanted software developer but my bro does that an my mum said take something else >_< xD this was second best for me since im good at accounts ;) ) eheheh working counting money an keeping records of money transactions an such but most imp is ...it involves money!!!! xD

even though i dont get to touch the money only recored the transactions an stuff atleast accounts an financing gives a really good pay (an plus i wont live in bahrain cause im studying a lvls to go to uk for uni with my cuzin who is their now for business managment an uk has better coin shops ;)!!) thus increasing my coin collection muahahaha (an from their i can launch my attack on dustin via laser from outter space :ninja:!!!)

haha when ya leave ill just move in with ur parents so u blow me up u blow ur parents up hehe

>_< ok this is last post from me on this topic xD (sry vfox we took over ur post ;) ) the laser is so tiny it can only affect u :ninja: aha!!! no1 else gets hurt u cant avoid the laser it finds u anywhere ;)!!! ok now finish topic closed x< X)

You guys arn't bad people by a long shot, you're just bad spammers. ;) Haha, it's okay though, but remember we have the asylum for all the random not-so-coin-related *cough* lazer talk. :ninja: Seriously though, no worries.

You guys arn't bad people by a long shot, you're just bad spammers. ;) Haha, it's okay though, but remember we have the asylum for all the random not-so-coin-related *cough* lazer talk. :ninja: Seriously though, no worries.

thanks!!

I have some. I have one that looks like he has a scare on his face. And a double P or Phantom P

Archived