CoinPeople.com

Big ol die crack

Just thought I'd toss this one in here.

I'm sure Corina can appriciate this, lol.

1966 5 (something??) from India with a big 'ol die crack right down the middle.

6gtv7ev.jpg

4unk85t.jpg

Go back before 1909 in cents, before 1932 in quarters, before 1938 in nickels, before 1946 in dimes, before 1964 in halves, and back to 1921 and before for dollars and yes, we had some amazing coins from 1792-early 20th century.

ooo btw dutin reminded me bout designs in 2009 they may change the lincolns cent design or coin altogether

which i think would be great!!! i mean i have a beef with abe on the cent but they could put somethin new on with him..

think we should start a new post bout this we kinda took over vfox's post xD (not counting other posts also which is kinda like a disease thats spreading lately that BigCanadianM just caught lately today xD)

i know were bad kids we deserve 20 lashings!!!

Bleh, I say go back to libby.

Amazing coin BTW Blanton! :ninja:

I heard they are putting his cabin on the reverse, but that's a rumor at the moment.

Thanks for the comments, this was actually out of the junk bin, I didn't notice it until I was looking through all the coins for you and Dustin, lol.

I heard they are putting his cabin on the reverse, but that's a rumor at the moment.

Thanks for the comments, this was actually out of the junk bin, I didn't notice it until I was looking through all the coins for you and Dustin, lol.

ohh then ur welcome for ur find lol

Very nice coin. As for the Lincholn I heard that they were thinking about not making the penny anymore, because it cost more than 1 cent to make it. Has anyone heard anything else about this?

Yes, but as of right now it's just a rumor. Most likely what will happen is, in 2009 when they do the redesign, they will change the composition to something cheaper than the zinc core, most likely aluminum or something of the sort. I for one wish all our coins are aluminum, they are basically worthless as metal as is, so why not make our coins lighter and nicer on our pockets? Besides who would complain about 10 dollars in prezy dollars being the weight of 1 1/2 current metal ones?

Archived