CoinPeople.com

1955 p Lincoln cent die-cracks

:ninja: u have several:O!!! lucky i nvr saw a die crack in front of me xD

Mabye lucky, maybe all the great stuff I learned from this forum and books, etc.,

and maybe I am a bit more likely to find things that 'seem out of place'... my old

rockhound abilities at work.

Yes, these coins were in one roll I recenlty purchased from someone on the 'four letter word site'.

What actually fascinates me about finding them is how they managed to stay together and wind up in order

in a roll of cents.

I do have a very large number of cents with anomalies, and I just keep finding them. Even with my new fancy camera I cannot get all of the anomalies photographed. It is evident that I will need a very serious dedicated macro lens to photograph them all.

I am glad you enjoy these. I will keep searching and searching and searching...

Hey, this is like treasure hunting from a front row seat here in my comfortable home.

Corky

Wow, I always thought diecracks had to start at the rim!

Say does it have two diecracks-right above the big, prominent one?

tell me in a few yrs i may buy em (thats when i figure out where the POST OFFICE IS an HOW TO SEND MAIL TO US XD!!!! XD bahrain is small but confusing ;):ninja:)

Did you just move to Bahrain? Maybe some locals can help you out.

i live in bahrain my whole life ;) xD im 16 (in july 30) second generation here im actually persian ;) its just that the post office their is 1 in central manama (the capital) which is full of traffic an thus no1 can afford to take me to wait for hours xD there r more but i don know where xD hmm will ask my mum since she used to send letters in the 90's to belguim (for her frnd now emails ;) technology is taking over :ninja:!!!!)

Wow, I always thought diecracks had to start at the rim!

Say does it have two diecracks-right above the big, prominent one?

Did you just move to Bahrain? Maybe some locals can help you out.

This particular cent does have three or so die cracks.

This isn't what I understand to be a die break error, which is probably the one from the rim, etc.

Of course, don't take my word for it, as I am a rather newcomer to this hobby... er, obsession.

Corky

don know but i got a huge medal from bill before (he sent it from san jose so thats like 1/2 the world away from me :ninja:) for $4.47 first class insured mail. but i don know bout limits an stuff ;) dont think so..but im no expert xD u can ask scottishmoney art an others who send coins constantly ;)

Archived