CoinPeople.com

Best watermarks!

Vfox

One of the more forgotten parts of currency is that wonderful little watermark hidden in the paper. I always found them interesting, from full page marks, to simple little images, to ornate works of art, all hidden away in the paper itself, waiting for that light to pass through it.

Here are several of my favorites, what are some of yours?

(TIP: To take a photo of a watermark, simply hold the note up to any light and snap a shot, even your computer screen works!)]

6b3e6h4.jpg

62p16k1.jpg

4t88qz7.jpg

This last one is HUGE, but then again, the note itself is also about 10 inches long.

4qy0dy1.jpg

well in bahrain its a gazeal (deer/goat like animal) brings back memories of when i was small my bro used to take my money an say lemme check if its original an then keep it near a light or something an then says see the pic its not original i'll have to keep it an give it to the police >_> he nvr got my money tnx to me not being stupid >_> he still does it sometimes to joke ^_^ any1 thats y i like the bahrain 1 cause it brings back memories :ninja:

Seems the holograms has the Oryx on as well. 5y0o1sy.jpg

I've also noticed the "dead silence" of the banknote forums, I guess we are boring, lol. :ninja:

Seems the holograms has the Oryx on as well. 5y0o1sy.jpg

I've also noticed the "dead silence" of the banknote forums, I guess we are boring, lol. ;)

the first 1 "20"'s is a bahraini 20 dinar ;) we call it orange :ninja: an trick lil cuzins in eid (like christmas but we have 2 in a yr an we get money not gifts ;) ) to give em a red 1 (1 dinar) or green (10 dinar or 5 dinar) for it xD ;) 500 1 i think is qatar

I took the image from the web, but I only meant the first one. :ninja:

I thought for sure I had something from Bahrain, but I can't seem to find it to take a shot of the watermark.....eh, eventually I find it, lol.

And crap I forgot already, lol. This was my 1000th post, woot I talk too much. Oh well, at least it was in my own thread, lol. Now just to get to 40,000+ like our local bunny girl, lol.

;):ninja: good luck finding it ;) as soon as i figure out where the local post office is an hwo to send air mail i may start given ppl bahrain sets (easy to get for me i have like 1000 coins total from 1992 until now every year they where minted xD) as contest prizes ...i don know when but as soon as i figure it all out xD.

Two more watermarks.

This guy is always good for a chuckle, love that stash! Lol.

68c4c49.jpg

And the Polish eagle(?) is always nifty looking.

6bcpjjs.jpg

nahh trust me i hate arabic 2!!!! THANK GOD I FINISHED 10TH GRADE ;) trust me i burned the book 2 :ninja:

haha u could just move here but with bush n all it prolly not much better..

actually my sis is in georgia tech for uni she is home now for vacation an my family was gonna move to canada when i was in 8th grade cause my mum got a job offer there for airllines manager for the airlines she works for (klm) but she turnedit down cause i just started 8th grade my bro just got a job an started collage (now in germany) an my dad cant just leave his job here an go to canada :ninja: so after me begging to go to canada with no results we stayed here xD an didnt go

edit:- plus persians look diff then arabs ;) not to offence ppl if any arabs r here but we consider it an insult when u call us arabs cause they where nomads, uneducated, robbers, etc (again no offence since im talkin bout past not present) an we had it all like an empire an stuff to make it short :- call a persian an arab he/(mostly beware of this)she will rip ur head of yelling xD happened alot xD i saw it with my own eyes millions of times xD not that i mind some 1 callin me an arab ill just tell em im persian diff language diff look an they will say ya true an we continue talking ;)

nahh trust me i hate arabic 2!!!! THANK GOD I FINISHED 10TH GRADE ;) trust me i burned the book 2 :ninja:

i just realized you lived in bahrain. that's pretty sweet! i used to live on nabih saleh, went to bahrain school, and mostly remember that every single store had swirling lightbulbs around their signs.

how hard is it to find a purple 20-dinar with a hologram out there? i've never seen one for sale anywhere! ;)

b4-20af.jpg

i just realized you lived in bahrain. that's pretty sweet! i used to live on nabih saleh, went to bahrain school, and mostly remember that every single store had swirling lightbulbs around their signs.

how hard is it to find a purple 20-dinar with a hologram out there? i've never seen one for sale anywhere! ;)

b4-20af.jpg

i saw prob 5 in my life time here if u know bout yateem center in manama their is a guy there that prob has em she sells arabic coins an notes (alot of silver coins) an in the souq (market) inisatown near ramez in the bird/animal area near a light store an resturant their r a bunch of sellers selling notes (they sell nice stuff but watch out for ancients cause they dont know bout em an may sell u 1 unknowingly thinking its real) ;) an nvr heard of nabih saleh :ninja:!!! bahrains tiny but i don know all areas xD hmm near saar maybe? ;):D

edit:- they r fake not real notes my dad just told me an i noticed the "20" mak thats new i wondered how can it be on an old note ;)

I took the image from the web, but I only meant the first one. :ninja:

I thought for sure I had something from Bahrain, but I can't seem to find it to take a shot of the watermark.....eh, eventually I find it, lol.

And crap I forgot already, lol. This was my 1000th post, woot I talk too much. Oh well, at least it was in my own thread, lol. Now just to get to 40,000+ like our local bunny girl, lol.

well congrats!!!!! happy posting!!

I took the image from the web, but I only meant the first one. ;)

didnt c this before ;) congrats ;):ninja:

edit:- they r fake not real notes my dad just told me an i noticed the "20" mak thats new i wondered how can it be on an old note :ninja:

heheh...nevermind. the hologram 20's were released by the bma for only a short period before the fake notes, (no hologram), came out. bma stopped issuing notes in purple and changed the color to orange. genuine purple notes with holograms are rare, i thought you might have a source since you were there. i want one! ;)

anyway, nabih saleh is an island in next to sitra and the mina sulman. http://wikimapia.org/365434/

heheh...nevermind. the hologram 20's were released by the bma for only a short period before the fake notes, (no hologram), came out. bma stopped issuing notes in purple and changed the color to orange. genuine purple notes with holograms are rare, i thought you might have a source since you were there. i want one! ;)

anyway, nabih saleh is an island in next to sitra and the mina sulman. http://wikimapia.org/365434/

hmm have work on gettin 1 ;) an ohh that island :ninja: i pass it everyday on my way to school an nvr knew the name xD

Oh, Man! Okay, call me absent minded. I was working on a small study of this at home, taking photos of these to catalogue them and I forgot all about it! Well, it was meant to be a winter project, and I think I might take it up again this autumn (of I don't forget again!) :ninja:

Anyway, here's a sample of some I tried posting in the Testing forum:

4lt4biq.jpg

Archived