CoinPeople.com

1944 s Lincoln cent

Im not an authority by any stretch of the imagination.! :ninja: But I see a bur where it cutts thru the "I" in im America, could this be post mint damage.?

Cherry picker

yea i think it is post mint damage..

I can't tell for sure but it looks like part of a planchet layer may have started to crack/peel off. It might help to take the picture again with out the sleeve on. And possibly from a couple angles.

Heres a article on lamination errors By Lost Dutchman.

And heres one of mine which lost the piece before the strike. 908497.jpg

The bottom of it does not show it well in the picture. But the top part you can see the almost crack like appearance better.

I can't tell for sure but it looks like part of a planchet layer may have started to crack/peel off. It might help to take the picture again with out the sleeve on. And possibly from a couple angles.

Thanks, I will try the picture again to see if I can get it to show the actual crack/lamenation problem.

I have more coins that seem to have a very similar problem.

I am not hoping for a small cent lottery win, just more information about how these

'errors' occur.

I will check out the site you recommended.

Corky

Heres a article on lamination errors By Lost Dutchman.

And heres one of mine which lost the piece before the strike. 908497.jpg

The bottom of it does not show it well in the picture. But the top part you can see the almost crack like appearance better.

i have one like this but the missing metal is littler.

Archived