CoinPeople.com

1776-1976 Washington Quarter Dollar

This is one of seven 1976 .25 cent pieces I have collected over the years.

How seven with the same anomaly got into my hands is a mystery to me.

I can post the other six if anyone is interested.

CK

Looks like it in nice condition.! Do these command any premium? I found a couple in circulation.

Cherry Picker

Looks like it in nice condition.! Do these command any premium? I found a couple in circulation.

Cherry Picker

I cannot find out anything about them in the Cherry Picker's Guide except some doubling on Liberty and the motto and date. Unfortunately I haven't found any of those. At best the premium would be for AU or better.

The coins are in well circulated condition. I have been hoarding them for many years and have a couple rolls full right now. I recently came across one that was in circulation and it is a gem. To the naked eye it is nearly perfect. With a 10x glass one can see a few tiny nicks or gouges on the obverse, and a few on the reverse. Wish my entire lot were like this.

Whenever I find a really nice circulated coin I can't help but think that some kid has gotten into grandad's collection and was out whooping it up.

Corky

Whenever I find a really nice circulated coin I can't help but think that some kid has gotten into grandad's collection and was out whooping it up.

Corky

lol xD if in the future my grandchild does that ill kill him xD

edit :- sry double post

Gee whiz and I thought you were a bunch of really nice people.

By the way, I did see the grandpa's collection thing happen.

I was in a very strange store a lot of years ago and two little guys, maybe about 10 and 11 years old, came in and wanted to purchase some odd object.

I had to say to the boys, "looks like you got into your grandpa's coin collection", and they looked really surprised that I guessed where they got the coins.

The store owner took one look at all the nickels the kids handed him and took all their beautiful nickels in exchange for some crazy kid stuff.

Oh, the store owner was not me... if it were I would have snagged those nickels and found out where the kids lived and made them return all the nickels to grandpa.

CK

Gee whiz and I thought you were a bunch of really nice people.

By the way, I did see the grandpa's collection thing happen.

I was in a very strange store a lot of years ago and two little guys, maybe about 10 and 11 years old, came in and wanted to purchase some odd object.

I had to say to the boys, "looks like you got into your grandpa's coin collection", and they looked really surprised that I guessed where they got the coins.

The store owner took one look at all the nickels the kids handed him and took all their beautiful nickels in exchange for some crazy kid stuff.

Oh, the store owner was not me... if it were I would have snagged those nickels and found out where the kids lived and made them return all the nickels to grandpa.

CK

sry corky!! i am a nice guy just very bored.... :ninja:

Archived