CoinPeople.com

Draped bust half cent

Vfox

Junk bin find, I thought it might have been an ancient until I looked closer! Although I am not sure if it's a draped bust or older style, it's pretty corroded, but still, for $0.25, I am NOT complaining!

67n6qur.jpg

53uhc8m.jpg

67fhydj.jpg

67f1dp1.jpg

Looks like cleaning gone bad. Dont dip you coins. Great buy

I know the photos kinda suck, but it's a US half cent, appears to be a draped bust, but possibly an older variety, hard to tell.

Also, it was a 0.25 bin find, and I didn't clean it, although at the stage it's in, I may hit it with some jewelers steel wool and try and force more detail out. It's the same method with old junk colonial half pennies to let you actually see the detail under all that corrosion and grime. Normally though I would tell anyone, just as Dprice, to NEVER clean a coin, it will completely devalue it. This coin on the otherhand is already essentially worthless, so I have no problems doing so. Lol.

cleaning coins shall be punishable by death by throwing the person who cleaned the coin in hot lava an then diped in sulphuric acid until thier face is bearly reconisable by the Coin Collecters Law Enforcement (aka C.C.L.E ) :ninja: beware ;)

cleaning coins shall be punishable by death by throwing the person who cleaned the coin in hot lava an then diped in sulphuric acid until thier face is bearly reconisable by the Coin Collecters Law Enforcement (aka C.C.L.E ) :ninja: beware ;)

haha im with ya!!

Archived