CoinPeople.com

Mavin Auction on 7 July 2007

see323

Just came back from the morning session Mavin Auction.

A pair of Singapore-Brunei $20 40th year Commemorative notes SGD 000001 and BND 000001 sold for US$114,000 excluding buyer's commission and GST.

Another record prices for one set of Singapore $20 OAB 111111 to 999999, 000001.... ( 24 pcs ) went for US$68,000 excluding buyer's commission and GST.

It is probably due to Singapore economy is doing very well.More excess cash for auction.

:ninja:

So why didn't you buy them See? :ninja:

Haha, man for those prices, I think I'd stick to old US coins and currency, it's just my thing, I guess that's why. Seriously though, those are once in a lifetime collections....someone must have been pretty chummy with the printers to obtain all of those!

So why didn't you buy them See? :ninja:

Haha, man for those prices, I think I'd stick to old US coins and currency, it's just my thing, I guess that's why. Seriously though, those are once in a lifetime collections....someone must have been pretty chummy with the printers to obtain all of those!

Those are for the rich and famous. With that kind of money at $211,000 SGD ( including commission plus GST and converted from USD to SGD ), we can buy a 3 room flat built by HDB ( House Development Board ). I am only a regular salaried employee who is hooked onto this hobby.collecting world solid banknotes.

At the auction, I managed to win the Brunei 2007 $20 First Prefix A/1 555555 and Singapore 2007 $20 Last Prefix OAC 555555. Both notes have historical significance to both Bruneians and Singaporeans on currency agreement on usage and value. It's a 40th Anniversary on the agreement. I will post the pictures later when I collect them from the auctioneer.

;)

You always have been able to get some great notes See! I will stick to my 1992-current Zambian notes though, the prices on those, even fancy numbered, are still reasonable. That and random world notes with fancy buildings on them have also become a bit of a side interest for my collection.

You always have been able to get some great notes See! I will stick to my 1992-current Zambian notes though, the prices on those, even fancy numbered, are still reasonable. That and random world notes with fancy buildings on them have also become a bit of a side interest for my collection.

You too have a very nice collection of USA banknotes. Banknotes from USA are great in variety and value. There are so many to collect in USA currency. In addition, the values goes up over the years. If you keep the better condition and rarer pieces, their values climb very much faster and fiercer. Solid numbers used to be quite cheap for USA currency. The prices have gone up over the years especially the earlier and older issues. I heard from one US dealer that those before 1990, they are more than valuable and popular. Maybe because the later years, more have been taken out for collectors. Keep searching and collecting. :ninja:

Archived