CoinPeople.com

Anyone knows this?

Numinen

Sorry don't know but:

sicilia15561598bfilippofe0.jpg

sicilia15561598afilippokz4.jpg

To post images either click on browse and attach file or if posting off another website image hoster, photo bucket etc. click on the picture of the tree in the post message/reply message writing section.

Then copy and past the pictures url (www...) into the "enter the complete url" box.

Finaly post your message and this should work.

Sorry don't know but:

sicilia15561598bfilippofe0.jpg

sicilia15561598afilippokz4.jpg

To post images either click on browse and attach file or if posting off another website image hoster, photo bucket etc. click on the picture of the tree in the post message/reply message writing section.

Then copy and past the pictures url (www...) into the "enter the complete url" box.

Finaly post your message and this should work.

Thanks anyway & hopefully someone does know more about it:-)

What you have is a grano of Alof de Wignacourt, Grand Master of the Knights Hospitaller of St. John (technically the Sovereign Military Hospitaller Order of St. John of Jerusalem, I believe) from c.1601 through 1622. A similar piece can be seen here. The successor to this order is what is known as the Order of Malta today.

These coins are far from any expertise of mine, but when you have a coat of arms, the easiest way to identify the piece is through the coat, as I did with this one. If you want more historical background about the Order or Wignacourt, an internet search should bring quite a bit up for you.

Have fun!!

What you have is a grano of Alof de Wignacourt, Grand Master of the Knights Hospitaller of St. John (technically the Sovereign Military Hospitaller Order of St. John of Jerusalem, I believe) from c.1601 through 1622. A similar piece can be seen here. The successor to this order is what is known as the Order of Malta today.

These coins are far from any expertise of mine, but when you have a coat of arms, the easiest way to identify the piece is through the coat, as I did with this one. If you want more historical background about the Order or Wignacourt, an internet search should bring quite a bit up for you.

Have fun!!

Thanks a lot my friend finaly I get something to start my search from!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:-) :ninja:

Archived