CoinPeople.com

1883 V Nickel How Rare Is this????

The 2 die Crack start and end in different places. 3 different cracks possible. It circles the whole coin. How many of these are out there? Has anyone seen this before? I have both Cherry Pickers guide and have not seen this before. How rare and what would this coin be worth? Any feed back would be appreciated.

926386.jpg

926382.jpg

926383.jpg

926387.jpg

The 2 die Crack start and end in different places. 3 different cracks possible. It circles the whole coin. How many of these are out there? Has anyone seen this before? I have both Cherry Pickers guide and have not seen this before. How rare and what would this coin be worth? Any feed back would be appreciated.

Top pic you can see cracks near the rim. Bottom Diff. Pics

926388.jpg

926389.jpg

Any info on were I can research this would be Great.

I just counted 8 cracks starting at the rim. So its 4 die cracks that start and End.

Does anyone have an Idea??? I think Im going to send it to Anacs or NGC for garading and attribution. Its wierd that this was a Christmas present, and I waited this long to really check it out.

die cracks are common on most coins.... this is just a natural progression of the dies... and usually don't add a whole lot to value...now if the cracks turn into a cud... or the die splits... that can add to value...

There is a cud. The cracks are raised. If you look at the rim pics you can see a cud. Or am I wrong???

• 2 weeks later...

Archived