CoinPeople.com

How far back can you go in your own collection?

Peter Paul

As a variety on the topic "how far back we could all go", I just checked my own collection to see how far I could go back before I missed a coin of a specific year. I found out that I could go back till 1709. The first year I miss is 1708. (then I miss 1701, 1693, 1688, 1669, and ofcourse many more)

How far could you all go back in your collections?

best regards,

Peter Paul de Jong

As a variety on the topic "how far back we could all go", I just checked my own collection to see how far I could go back before I missed a coin of a specific year. I found out that I could go back till 1709. The first year I miss is 1708. (then I miss 1701, 1693, 1688, 1669, and ofcourse many more)

How far could you all go back in your collections?

best regards,

Peter Paul de Jong

All the way from 2007 you can do that???? Gee whiz!! :ninja:

No clue, I am not nearly that organized. But I would guess sometime in the mid to early 1800's.

1939 for me and my US collection, so boring, I know. No 1938's in my foreign collection, either, but it's just a side thing for me.

...can go back to 1793( I focused on getting every year of 1 cent pieces starting 1793 to current date)....earlier than that it gets sketchy....

...I think I have 1788, 1787, 1786, 1785, 1783, 1773,1760, 1756,1757, 1746,1733......

...have a couple "OLD" dated coins: 1677, 1644, 1559, 1557, 1509, 1480.....hoping our "how far back can you go?" thread goes back that far!!!!

I have a few ancients from 100 BC and I only wish I could go back that far through every year!

For more modern issues I can go back about 50s. Boring I know but I do more type collecting so I don't have many succesive year series.

Ciao, and Hook 'em Horns,

Capt-AWACS, Actions speak louder than bumperstickers

i'd say including ancients 200-100 bc not sure an have a roman 1 but not sure bout that either xD however in the ad time period i'd say 1835 east india company 1/4 anna

heeeeeeeeeee's baaaaaaaaack

• 2 weeks later...
i'd say including ancients 200-100 bc not sure an have a roman 1 but not sure bout that either xD however in the ad time period i'd say 1835 east india company 1/4 anna

Odd. I thought people that collected really old coins would know that:

BC is normally indicated prior to the date

BC is always capitalized

BC never appears on a coin ;)

AD is also capitalized and always follows the date.

AD also never appears on a coin :ninja:

Odd thing is when you look up BC/AD you get many different opinions. Some say there is a 33 to 37 year gap in the system. Imagine having a coin made during that missing period of time. What would it be called?

As for my collection I have absolutely no idea of oldest or even how many of anything.

Archived