CoinPeople.com

Help with Three Pence diameter

Graikos

Hello,

I am trying to find out how much the diameter of a UK 3 Pence coin from 1933 has to be. I know that the weight has to be around 1.41 g, but I cannot find the size anywhere it seems. Unfortunately I don't have my Krause close to me (not within 150 kms anyway! :ninja: ).

Hope someone can help out.

Graikos

He arrived today and he looks quite nice. Tiny little fella. Sadly I don't have my scales anymore and I am waiting for my new one, but I get the feeling he is genuine. Hopefully I can weigh him soon. He is part of my - at the moment - small, but growing George V collection, which you can see here:

http://www.omnicoin.com/user_view.aspx?id=Colligo_V

Thank you once again, Christian.

PS: Why is a coin a he for me? We'll never know.

3pence1933.jpg

Good picture of a very nice coin! As for the gender issue, well, "he" can refer to George of course. :ninja: Apart from that, coins are feminine not only in German but also in some Romanic languages like French, Spanish or Italian. (Goes back to the Roman goddess Iuno Moneta.) Various coin types however have masculine names, so maybe it's "der Thruppence" like it is "der Pfennig" ...

Christian

I think it was mainly because of George. ;) Funny thing is that the Penny I got today is a "she" (of course it is! :ninja: ) . I think because, in this case, the Britannia side fascinates me more than the portrait.

As for the picture... It is always a good thing when you have a photographer, with a small workload, in the institute you work in. ;)

Archived